Kamara potentially holding out could be a good thing (19 Viewers)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, right now everyone is expecting Kamara to be one of the lynch pins of the offense, and rightfully so. The first offense we tend to think of emulating is the one down in San Fran and it's because they have comparable personnel. However, just now watching some youtube videos on motion and how it breaks a defense, I'm hoping we emulate the Dolphins. The free releases Hill and Waddle are afforded by the way Mike McDaniels designs plays are excellent for what we have in Olave and Shaheed.

We have undersized not great blockers just like they have in Miami, no sense in square pegging a round hole and hoping we can get shades of Aiyuk and Samuel out of Olave and Shaheed. Furthermore, with the Kamara situations there's no guarantee he'll be on the team next year. There's also no guarantee the Saints won't squeeze everything they can out of Taysom this year and run him into the ground.

Seems intelligent to build around the guys who are guaranteed to be here for at least another 2-3 years and have far less questions about their football youth. If Kamara is gone, perhaps it'll turn the attention back to the WR's and how to best utilize them...if this already isn't the case.

In my opinion, right now everyone is expecting Kamara to be one of the lynch pins of the offense, and rightfully so. The first offense we tend to think of emulating is the one down in San Fran and it's because they have comparable personnel. However, just now watching some youtube videos on motion and how it breaks a defense, I'm hoping we emulate the Dolphins. The free releases Hill and Waddle are afforded by the way Mike McDaniels designs plays are excellent for what we have in Olave and Shaheed.

We have undersized not great blockers just like they have in Miami, no sense in square pegging a round hole and hoping we can get shades of Aiyuk and Samuel out of Olave and Shaheed. Furthermore, with the Kamara situations there's no guarantee he'll be on the team next year. There's also no guarantee the Saints won't squeeze everything they can out of Taysom this year and run him into the ground.

Seems intelligent to build around the guys who are guaranteed to be here for at least another 2-3 years and have far less questions about their football youth. If Kamara is gone, perhaps it'll turn the attention back to the WR's and how to best utilize them...if this already isn't the case.
It's not a hold out until he doesn't report to training camp and that's almost 4 weeks away.

It will help keep his legs fresh as deep into training camp. I am also really intrigued to see if kubiak uses Hill like their fullback.
Would make sense. It would be the closest thing to a direct snap and run since the FB is closest to the QB in most situations

I should reverse the title, Kamara potentially holding out could be a good thing.

It's extremely unlikely that he holds out though. Him skipping the last day of mini-camp was just posturing and sending a message. Training camp holdouts are pretty much a thing of the past with how much money players are penalized for each practice that they miss ($16k for the first day missed, 33k for the second day missed, and 50k per day indefinitely after the 3rd day missed) - the total tab can hover around a million.

All of this hinges on coaching. Recognition of a player's skillet, and knowing how best to use them. The jury is still out on Kubiak. He just got here.

Allen, on the other hand, is another matter entirely. I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much. I don't think he'd know an offensive skill set if it bit him on the keister.

I can only hope that he'll handle the D (what he's good at), and leave the offense up to Kubiak.

It is a foregone conclusion that he will hold out.

He may miss a handful of days, but he's not costing himself a million dollars in fines if a contract isn't worked out. He missed 5 days in 2020, which was the most he could miss without losing his UFA eligibility the following year. He's going to posture a little bit to try and get a deal done, but he won't hold out all of camp.

All of this hinges on coaching. Recognition of a player's skillet, and knowing how best to use them. The jury is still out on Kubiak. He just got here.

Allen, on the other hand, is another matter entirely. I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much. I don't think he'd know an offensive skill set if it bit him on the keister.

I can only hope that he'll handle the D (what he's good at), and leave the offense up to Kubiak.
Sigh...because Sean Payton had such a great track record of selecting defensive talent prior to Allen getting here.

The Kubiak / Shanahan system has been synonymous with making average runners look like all pros for going on 30 years go back and take a look who the starting RBs were and what their draft positions were. Then take a look at how they fared if they left and went somewhere as a free agent.

Not worried about the RBs at all

Sigh...because Sean Payton had such a great track record of selecting defensive talent prior to Allen getting here.

CSP is far from a personnel guru, actually he was really bad at it (see trading up for Brandon Cooks).....but I think you are confusing Allen with Ireland and his scouting staff.....I'm sure Allen had some input but the drafts improved drastically on both sides of the ball once Ireland arrived.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom