Opinion Kamara will not holdout for new contract (OP opinion) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
There are 2 reasons that it would be bad for him.
1st) He didn't play very well last year. Not a good time to try to force a big contract.

2nd) Todd Gurley and Devonta Freeman. Huge RB contracts that the Rams and Falcons got burned on. Every GM every knows and learned from this. Big contracts for RB's are a cap disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
His salary this year is $1.2 million. Saints need to see if they can find some money to re-up him this year. He would likely get around $7-$8 million, based on what Gurley got and $8 million to what Gordon got. Saints did not want to pay Ingram $5 million so not sure Saints will commit $8 million to a RB.

Isn't he a FA after this season? It's a really big year for him. He may not "hold out", but he may simply get offered much more than we can afford. Three straight years of over 1,300 all purpose yards, with his first two years over 1,500. Those are top numbers, and another great season will likely earn him a huge payday. I'd love to keep him, but we'll have to see what kind of offers he receives if he chooses to shop around.

saints can either trade him before this years draft or wait till next year and receive nothing...........if you can't pay him next year - trade him this year

I think in the new CBA there are harsher penalties for holding out and they are to enforced unlike years past.

If so holding out is futile unless a player has already made big money.

I think in the new CBA there are harsher penalties for holding out and they are to enforced unlike years past.

If so holding out is futile unless a player has already made big money.

Pretty sure I heard that doesn't apply under an existing contract you signed under the old CBA. I think under the new CBA you can't hold out.

Pretty sure I heard that doesn't apply under an existing contract you signed under the old CBA. I think under the new CBA you can't hold out.
Same was true with the old CBA. Fines were imposed but seldom collected by the teams that re-signed the holdouts.

I don't know. I usually look at the type of thread which is situated on the left of the title. In this case is says Opinion. Just saying...lol
No... It was adjusted after I commented. Initially it was titled as fact

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom