Kamara's trade value (1 Viewer)

I don't think anyone is going to give us the kind of picks we would want on a one year rental. I am concerned about him potentially holding out. I think we need to keep our eyes open in this draft for another running back we could pair with Murray in the event AK holds out. Even if he does hold out... at some point he's going to have to come back and play to get an accrued season. Then next year we can let him walk and hopefully get a 3rd round comp pick. I can't see us paying top dollar for any running back. It hasn't worked out well for the teams that have done it.
The new CBA states if a player isn’t at camp for from the beginning he cannot accrue a season. Holding out really screws himself.

The new CBA states if a player isn’t at camp for from the beginning he cannot accrue a season. Holding out really screws himself.

A "player playing under a contract signed as a veteran who fails to report to his club's preseason training camp on time or reports and leaves the club for more than five days" cannot have his fines waived by the team upon return and will not earn an accrued season for that season. Harsh, but note that it specifies "a contract signed as a veteran." So it seems as if the new anti-holdout rules won't apply to players holding out for more at the end of their rookie contracts, as Ezekiel Elliott did last year, for example.

I thin he is worth somewhere around a mid second in compensation. The team trading for him will be in the same situation as us (are they going to pay him or let him walk) and I don't see anyone giving up a 1st for that. I can't see us trading him or paying him though. To me it seems like best case scenario for everyone involved is fo AK to play well this year on his rookie contract and then get paid somewhere else for 2021.

This board is strange. They want to trade a 5th for leanord fournette and want a top 15 pick for Alvin Kamara.

If Sproles would have come back then would we be more serious about trading Kamara? Someone mentioned not getting rid of one of Brees' favorite targets but Sproles was just as much of a favorite target.

If Sproles would have come back then would we be more serious about trading Kamara? Someone mentioned not getting rid of one of Brees' favorite targets but Sproles was just as much of a favorite target.

Sproles is old and about 1/8th the player Kamara is at this point.

I thin he is worth somewhere around a mid second in compensation. The team trading for him will be in the same situation as us (are they going to pay him or let him walk) and I don't see anyone giving up a 1st for that. I can't see us trading him or paying him though. To me it seems like best case scenario for everyone involved is fo AK to play well this year on his rookie contract and then get paid somewhere else for 2021.

This board is strange. They want to trade a 5th for leanord fournette and want a top 15 pick for Alvin Kamara.

First, there is a difference between what value a player has for his own team and how other teams will value him. Kamara, because this may be the last shot at a Super Bowl with Brees, is highly valuable for the Saints so in order to trade him, it would take a huge return. A return that I don't think is likely because as you said, he will require another team to give him a big deal and because teams just don't give up high picks for RBs anymore.

Second, Kamara has been more productive than Fournette at this point in their NFL careers so Kamara is worth more than Fournette.

I think the problem with trading Kamara is the Saints have very little leverage due to the contract situation upcoming....There may be a team willing to give up a high 2nd round pick but I would doubt there is one willing to give up a 1st rounder....

That said Kamara is way more dynamic than Fournette. I think 32 out of 32 teams would take Kamara over LF....

The more I think about it, the more I think the Saints will offer an extension before the season (10-12mil per 3 year deal), the question becomes will Kamara agree to it....

RB market value is crap really. I dare say being a RB in this era sucks.

Analytics have killed the RB position. Front offices are much more intelligent than they were in the past. They've done the cost benefit analysis and unfortunately for the RBs, the cost for an adequate replacement and shelf-live have killed them. But what are you going to do? They are getting paid what science is saying that they should get paid. Should owners be forced to OVER-value their true worth?

I think right now, we're hanging on to every asset. With Brees coming back, it would take a great trade offer to let a staple of the offense go. When Brees retires, I think we see some big moves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom