N/S Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark was arrested in Los Angeles after police saw a submachine gun in his car (1 Viewer)

Whatever punishment Lattimore gets...Clark should get, at least, double that.
See, I have a different take. Having a 9 mm or .38 is a far cry different than having an uzi. There is exactly 1 purpose for an uzi and that is to spray bullets. It is a piss poor weapon for a thing else, including self defense. Also..this is what? His 3rd offense since entering the league?

I mean he could be going to range to let off some full auto frustration, who knows. He wasn't pointing it at anyone or doing anything nefarious with it, so I don't see the big deal. I do understand that Cali has different laws and when in Rome, do as the Romans.

Wait, it's illegal to own a gun in this country?
He had an Uzi, which is an automatic weapon (not semi-automatic) and which is banned in California, where Clark was arrested. Uzis are not in general legal to carry even in Texas, where I live and which has very loose gun laws.

He had an Uzi, which is an automatic weapon (not semi-automatic) and which is banned in California, where Clark was arrested. Uzis are not in general legal to carry even in Texas, where I live and which has very loose gun laws.

Well there are semi-automatic Uzi variants that are sold in the market and is completely legal to own we don’t know if the Uzi he had was an automatic.

Also depending on where you live it’s not illegal to own a automatic you would have to go through allot as far as registration and tax stamp filings with the federal government but it’s possible to own one.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that notices this gem?

Officers noticed a bag with an Uzi sticking out" in plain sight in the car, Im said.

Clark was arrested on suspicion of having a concealed firearm in a vehicle, Im said.
The explanation makes perfect sense. The author chose somewhat conflicting terms to describe what happened.

The "in plain sight" constitutes the "reasonable suspicion of a crime" for the police to legally justify the search of the vehicle. Had the gun not been visible, the search would have been illegal in this case.

In the absence of a person in a vehicle having a valid Concealed Carry Permit, most every state allows weapons to be transported in a vehicle provided the weapon is unloaded and is in a case of some sort, which is not what happened here.

And if a person were to have a valid Concealed Carry Permit, most all states require the weapon to be physically on the person... meaning, not in the glove box or under a seat... or in a bag on top of the seat.

An Uzi is not automatically illegal except in certain places, like California! I remember my brother once had an Uzi. He traded it in for a Mini-Uzi. Then it was stolen in a break in. The person who took it knew it was in the house. Letting off steam by shooting automatic weapons can be fun and therapeutic!

pruitt1997

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom