Kansas outlaws evolution (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, of course, there's the fact that at various times in her history, Earth has been extremely inimical to human life. (Eg: Too cold, much too hot, no O2 in the atmosphere, etc.)

Heres how the Earth can be in the exact right spot....millions if not billions of planets. One lucky chance..( one in a million) and wham, a planet in the right spot. Sorta like the odds in winning the lotto...might be slim but isnt it amazing how literally hundreds of people have won the various lotteries grand prizes. Also...thousands of cells in your lungs...and all it takes is one to mutate into cancer for you to possible develop it....long odds..but it happens.

Long odds dont make anything impossible...just not common.

I know all about Cancer.
It's easier to believe that Intelligent Design is whats at work.
God put the Earth where it is.
God made man in his Image. I don't believe that God looks like a monkey.
He made us the way that we are right now.
If we evolved, why are there still Monkeys around????
Where are the missings links??????? (yes, LINKS)
Mutations cannot transform an original species of plant or animal into an entirely new one. Scientists have tried and the mutants always die out while the original species are what prevail. In the late 1930's, scientists enthusiastically embraced the idea that if natural selection could produce new species of plants from random mutations, then artificial, or human-guided, selection of mutations should be able to do so more efficiently. Biologists were ecstatic at the prospects of producing new and better plants and animals. Well-funded research programs were launched using irradiation techniques. After over 40 years of intensive research, almost all the mutants exhibited 'negative selection values', that is, they died or were weaker than the wild varieties.

The 'Big Bang Theory" is a joke too.
If you believe that an explosion caused Earth to be in this perfect spot, just far enough away from the Sun that we don't burn up, nor too far away that we don't freeze, I have 2 acre's and a Mule that I want to sell you.

What are you talking about? An explosion known as the big bang had nothing to do with the earth being in this orbit, nothing, at all. It was happenstance that we are in this perfect orbit based on mathematics and gravity. The big bang happened billions and billions of years ago. Earth is not as old as the big bang. An explosion didn't move Earth into this orbit.

What are you talking about? An explosion known as the big bang had nothing to do with the earth being in this orbit, nothing, at all. It was happenstance that we are in this perfect orbit based on mathematics and gravity. The big bang happened billions and billions of years ago. Earth is not as old as the big bang. An explosion didn't move Earth into this orbit.

That's not how it was taught to me in school. And the fact that it's called a theory, really, says it all. A museum I recently visited had this to say about theories:

Attachments

• Amarillo Nov 06 078.jpg
    Amarillo Nov 06 078.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9
I know all about Cancer.
It's easier to believe that Intelligent Design is whats at work.
God put the Earth where it is.
God made man in his Image. I don't believe that God looks like a monkey.
He made us the way that we are right now.
If we evolved, why are there still Monkeys around????
Where are the missings links??????? (yes, LINKS)
Mutations cannot transform an original species of plant or animal into an entirely new one. Scientists have tried and the mutants always die out while the original species are what prevail. In the late 1930's, scientists enthusiastically embraced the idea that if natural selection could produce new species of plants from random mutations, then artificial, or human-guided, selection of mutations should be able to do so more efficiently. Biologists were ecstatic at the prospects of producing new and better plants and animals. Well-funded research programs were launched using irradiation techniques. After over 40 years of intensive research, almost all the mutants exhibited 'negative selection values', that is, they died or were weaker than the wild varieties.

You seem to have some basic misunderstandings of physics and evolutionary biology. We didn't evolve from monkeys, we evolved along with them and share a common ancestor along the line. There are links everywhere, almost all life is a link to something if it reproduces. Single mutations probably won't create a new species, but enough differentiation over time will.

Not touching the monkeygod thing.

That's not how it was taught to me in school. And the fact that it's called a theory, really, says it all. A museum I recently visited had this to say about theories:

The sun rising in the East tomorrow and setting in the West is a theory. You throw the term theory around like it carries no weight. Sorry, it carries lots of weight. At least theories tested thousands of times in thousands of different ways over hundreds of years. Like evolution.

And why are there still monkeys around? You have some very basic misunderstandings about evolution. But just to humor this particular example...Did your Playstation 2 instantly disintegrate when you bought an Xbox?

And why are there still monkeys around? You have some very basic misunderstandings about evolution. But just to humor this particular example...Did your Playstation 2 instantly disintegrate when you bought an Xbox?
No it didn't disintegrate. But if I was told that the X Box came from the ps2, I'd wonder why after 1,000's of years, The Ps2 was still around and not turning into X Box in front of our eyes.

No it didn't disintegrate. But if I was told that the X Box came from the ps2, I'd wonder why after 1,000's of years, The Ps2 was still around and not turning into X Box in front of our eyes.

If they both successfully filled their own niche then there's no problem with both of them being around. There doesn't have to be an evolutionary victor if the two species aren't directly competing against each other. Thousands of years is a pretty short time frame also.

The last time that I checked, the Sun does rise in the East and sets in the West.
How is that a Theory???????? It's fact.

It does seem like a simple observation, but planetary motion was a theory until Kepler came along. Similarly, evolution is both a fact and a theory.

I understand what your saying. I don't agree with it,, but you weren't asking me to just like I wasn't asking you to agree with me. I'll leave it at that for now. Goodnight and Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom