Karate Kid Sequel (3 Viewers)

I disagree that the show is drifting away from being Johnny's story. He is still the person with the most development, screen time, and best dialogue. His joke about Daniel not helping Miyagi with his English caused me to have to pause the show I was laughing so hard. Johnny is still the reason I'm engaged in the show.

I do think this season was intentionally more focused on the bad guys. The biggest character development this season was Terry Silver and Tory, with an honorable mention to Hawk who could also be considered a "bad guy".

The problem is there are only so many things they can do with the story and the competing dojo, bullied kid, and hard knocks kid stories are on repeat. I'm hoping in season 5 they find some new angles, but honestly, it looks like they are set for another rinse and repeat. I still love the show for what it is though, nostalgic and funny.

I'm pretty sure next season Johnny will end up fighting cartels in Mexico. Just go balls to the wall with it.
I wouldn’t be mad about it.

And there’s yours lesson for the day boys and girls. When you should a bit of sympathy, some turd will make sure you get picked up and put in custody.

This season was good, but it would have better if it were a few hours longer.

Might as well make it happen...

Hook it my veins.

And they give us no clue as to how Mike Barnes will fit in.

Yep, between this, LSU, and Saints football, that's gonna be a busy weekend of sitting on the couch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom