Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interested?
========================================================

Wax on, again.

Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called*Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.*

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo.

It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita).

The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations - through (what else?) karate...................

'Karate Kid' TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red (Exclusive)

I was interested until half hour comedy. Just no.

I wasn't interested until half hour comedy.

Zabka's a funny dude. Back to School, HIMYM, etc... I think with good writing,it could be a well-done parody.

The biggest risk is that they OVER-ham it. Steer into the skid. I think subtlety would be best, but that's so rare that I'm not confident.

The biggest risk is that they OVER-ham it. Steer into the skid. I think subtlety would be best, but that's so rare that I'm not confident.

maybe they should mix in some Kung-Fu!
xnnaZ2E.gif

I won't be paying another subscription service.

yea me either, but if it slips onto the invisible web or onto something that rymes with Hodi Kotbe, I would give it 5 minutes and would be able to pickup the fail in the time I think. Some things should never be done, unless by comedy and even then only rarely should be done.

Oh, this I've gotta see. A comedy? I'm not sure about this part, but Karate Kid with the real Karate Kid? Yep, I'll pass my eyes on that.

More info - no word yet on if Martin Kove or any of the other Cobra Kai will be back too

Picking up 30 years after the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, the half-hour series finds Daniel and Johnny at different places in their lives.

Whereas Daniel is living his best life as a family man and proud owner of the No. 1 car dealership in the Valley, Johnny has fallen a long way since the ’80s and is now a heavy drinking, short-fused antihero living in Reseda, doing odd jobs to make ends meet.However, their rivalry is reignited when they re-enter each other’s lives, which drives Johnny to rediscover his Cobra Kai roots and reopen the infamous karate dojo.

Henggeler will play Daniel’s wife and business partner Amanda, the glue that keeps the LaRusso household and dealership running, and a calming force in Daniel’s life.

Mouser stars as Samantha, Daniel and Amanda’s firecracker daughter who is learning to navigate the minefield that is high school, straddling the “good girl” and popular teen cliques.

Maridueña takes on the role of Miguel Diaz. Raised by a single mother from Ecuador, Miguel struggles with bullies at his new school, until he’s taken under the wing of a Cobra Kai karate master.

Buchanan is Johnny’s street-smart son Robby Keene. Robby is eager to prove he’s nothing like his dad, even though he’s on his way to making the same mistakes.

Finally, Asner will guest as Johnny’s reluctant stepfather Sid Weinberg, an old-school, hard-nosed, former studio mogul, who is tired of dealing with his stepson’s failures...........................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/k...unite-in-bts-photo/ar-AAtZGQz?ocid=spartanntp

More info - no word yet on if Martin Kove or any of the other Cobra Kai will be back too

Picking up 30 years after the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, the half-hour series finds Daniel and Johnny at different places in their lives.

Whereas Daniel is living his best life as a family man and proud owner of the No. 1 car dealership in the Valley, Johnny has fallen a long way since the ’80s and is now a heavy drinking, short-fused antihero living in Reseda, doing odd jobs to make ends meet.However, their rivalry is reignited when they re-enter each other’s lives, which drives Johnny to rediscover his Cobra Kai roots and reopen the infamous karate dojo.

Henggeler will play Daniel’s wife and business partner Amanda, the glue that keeps the LaRusso household and dealership running, and a calming force in Daniel’s life.

Mouser stars as Samantha, Daniel and Amanda’s firecracker daughter who is learning to navigate the minefield that is high school, straddling the “good girl” and popular teen cliques.

Maridueña takes on the role of Miguel Diaz. Raised by a single mother from Ecuador, Miguel struggles with bullies at his new school, until he’s taken under the wing of a Cobra Kai karate master.

Buchanan is Johnny’s street-smart son Robby Keene. Robby is eager to prove he’s nothing like his dad, even though he’s on his way to making the same mistakes.

Finally, Asner will guest as Johnny’s reluctant stepfather Sid Weinberg, an old-school, hard-nosed, former studio mogul, who is tired of dealing with his stepson’s failures...........................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/k...unite-in-bts-photo/ar-AAtZGQz?ocid=spartanntp

It sounds interesting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom