Karate Kid Sequel (2 Viewers)

Johnny Lawrence is the Mr. Miyagi that this generation needs.

Such a good show.

I have been out of HS for almost two decades now, and I am not sure how much of the HS experience is dramatized in this show. I only bring it up because we watched the original KK a few weeks before this came out, and the difference that 30 years can make on the high school experience sure is crazy. Makes you concerned for your young kids and the world they will be facing.

Last edited:
I signed up for the free month to watch it and begrudgingly loved it. What seemed like a terrible idea was actually a really well done show.

We just finished watching the series last night. So good.

I have high hopes for this series. The writers are hitting it out of the park with this story, and I can’t really think of how next season will play out, which to me means it’s going to be great since we don’t know what’s going to happen.

Bumping this for anyone that didn't get around to it this spring (like me). Just finished it. Highly recommended.

The episode 8(?) riff where Johnny retells Karate Kid from his POV had me giggling like a small child

Between Stranger Things and Cobra Kai, it's been a fun year for those of us from the 80s.

Bumping this for anyone that didn't get around to it this spring (like me). Just finished it. Highly recommended.

The episode 8(?) riff where Johnny retells Karate Kid from his POV had me giggling like a small child

Between Stranger Things and Cobra Kai, it's been a fun year for those of us from the 80s.
I loved his retelling of the story as well.

I wonder if Elizabeth Shue ever makes an appearance in the show.

This is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. Just finished my 3rd full reviewing of it. Explicitly well done.

This is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. Just finished my 3rd full reviewing of it. Explicitly well done.

I got all excited when I saw this was bumped. I thought maybe they had come out with a trailer for Season 2. I'm so ready for it.

I got all excited when I saw this was bumped. I thought maybe they had come out with a trailer for Season 2. I'm so ready for it.

I think it comes out this summer. What was your favorite part about the resurrection?

I think it comes out this summer. What was your favorite part about the resurrection?

I'm not sure what my favorite part was. I think I had several favorites. It was great to see how the tables had turned for Johnny and Daniel. I liked the kids and will be interested to see how that goes in Season 2. It was all the little things they did throughout the season that made me happy. They just hit all the right notes.

I'm not sure what my favorite part was. I think I had several favorites. It was great to see how the tables had turned for Johnny and Daniel. I liked the kids and will be interested to see how that goes in Season 2. It was all the little things they did throughout the season that made me happy. They just hit all the right notes.

I really enjoyed how they threw it back to the originals with the Golf n Stuff appearance, the flashbacks, and the parallels. It was all done so well. There were a couple of cringeworthy moments, but all in all I thought it was extremely well done. I’m really excited for the next season.

Incidentally, did you know that the writers of Cobra Kai also wrote Harold and Kumar?

Cruel summer. These people know how to pull all the right strings.

We started watching season 1 with some friends a few weeks ago (they are about 5 years younger than us, and are the oldest in their families). They didn’t know what the origins Karate Kid was about, or why Cobra Kai started the way it did.

Oy Vey!

They left, and finished the first 3 Karate Kid movies and the Cobra Kai series by the following weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom