Kareem Hunt requests trade from Browns (1 Viewer)

There whole offense starts with the running gm. They won’t trade him unless the situation gets much worse

There whole offense starts with the running gm. They won’t trade him unless the situation gets much worse
I very much doubt they're keeping Chubb, Hunt, and Johnson. One of them is going, and I'd bet they go with the younger, cheaper option that doesn't have baggage. From a Saints fan perspective, it makes sense for both sides. The Saints have a nasty trio of AK/Hunt/Ingram and major depth in the best-case scenario, and a great fallback option in Hunt if Kamara does end up getting suspended this season (the worst-case scenario, I suppose.). While the Browns don't have to pay him, can trade him out of the AFC, and likely get a decent pick out of it instead of nothing when he leaves in FA.

I mean, why not? If there's any chance to stack this team (e.g. Rams/Bucs) with weapons, then do it. Especially with Payton likely coming back next season.

The question becomes... does Cleveland want to pay premium contracts to 2 running backs? They didn't pay Watson that contract to turn and hand the ball off 50 times per game, and they have a capable backup with D'Ernest.

I think they'll either trade him or let him play out this season and allow him to walk via free agency after this season. They'll need to lean on their running game this season with Watson missing games.

He just wants a new contract from Cleveland. They won’t grant the trade and they’ll offer him a new deal soon enough. Nothing to see here.
I don't see how you pay for 2 RBs like that.

They just extended Chubb last year at over $12 million a year.

What they gonna offer Hunt, 9-10 million? That would be utterly stupid to hamstring your cap with that much money to your RBs.

This isn't the same team anymore now that they have Watson. They will be passing the ball a lot more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom