Karen Memes (4 Viewers)

In recent years, the name "Karen" has been used as an insult to describe white middle-aged women who are perceived to be obnoxious or racist.

The pizza franchise's New Zealand arm initially said it wanted to give "nice Karens" a break from negativity.

But some said it was tone-deaf, ignored more important issues, and "rewarded privilege".

What was the offer?

A giveaway, titled "Calling all (nice) Karens" was posted on the pizza chain's Australian and New Zealand pages.

It asked those named Karen to tell Domino's in 250 words how they were one of the "nice ones".

"The name 'Karen' has become synonymous with anyone who is entitled, selfish and likes to complain," Domino's chief marketing officer in the region, Allan Collins, said while introducing the offer.

"What used to be a light-hearted meme has become quite the insult to anyone actually named Karen.

"Well, today we're taking the name Karen back. At Domino's, we're all about bringing people together and we want to celebrate all the great Karens out there by shouting them a free pizza!"..........................

Funny, my HOA has all new members that are hard at it to bring "order" and transparency to the neighborhood. Now they are doing monthly walks to check houses for non compliance. I call it the March of the Karens...

giphy.gif

Before we bought our house 8 years ago, one of my deal breakers was an HOA. I told my wife I would not consider the house. I have no patients for that dumb foolery from stuck up people with no life.
flash forward 2 years and her parents bought a house with an HOA. my father in law says most of the meetings turn into yelling matches and are always close to first fights and threats of lawsuits..
26v4il.jpg2w700m.jpg

We have an HOA that's $300 a year, and that's mainly for clearing snow. Otherwise you can put a car on cinder blocks out front if you want.

Our's is $400/yr and it's mostly for cutting common area grass and who knows what else. 4 years ago is the last meeting I attended. They had trouble getting anyone to volunteer to be President. After the management company literally begged anyone to volunteer, I stood up and said that the lack of interest in the position should who show how unimportant the HOA is to residents. I said I'd volunteer and my main focus would be to fire the management company and disband the HOA. Someone else volunteered taking a less aggressive approach.

For the most part HOAs work. It's when "the rule" bumps heads with "the person who doesn't understand the rule so therefore it shouldn't exist" camp that things can get contentious. Or when the same guy argues, "nobody told me" when flyers went out, emails were sent and the rule existed in black and white when you moved in. Get over yourself Bob. Every argument I've seen at an HOA meeting has been started by that person who only shows up when they are P'Oed about something.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom