Kasim Edebali (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Lots of discussion around here about whether the Saints are able to develop talent on defense. Here's a guy that would/could/should be the poster boy for coaching a guy up. Huge frame, looks pretty strong/fast, but buried on the depth chart behind Browns castoff Kruger, even though he was touted as a guy to watch during camp (way back one month ago).

Defensive end Kasim Edebali is blossoming into promising pass rusher for Saints | Saints | theadvocate.com

Nothing from him so far. 1 tackle recorded in 2016.

Kruger is dead weight, we have no pass rush anyway, so unless he's hurt (always a possibility on this team), its time to put him out there. We literally cant get any worse so play the kid!

I am more concerned that Kruger was signed at zero hour, came in, and playing out of position leaped over everyone else at that position on the depth chart.

Edebali has huge issues block shedding in the run game. While his pass rush can be good, he's still very inconsistent.

That might be but I'm with Mr. Sparkle in wondering what is going on with Edebali given the way the season is going. There seems to be a little buzz around him in the offseasons, and he flashes occasionally when he's given a chance, but otherwise really no progression. And that might be all on him, I don't know.

I liked the Kruger signing under the circumstances and hate to be overly critical of a guy who joined the team late and would understandably have somewhat of a learning curve, but three games in and he's credited with 5 combined tackles and no sacks.

All I can say about Edibali is that he has a non stop motor, is lightning quick off the snap and gives it 100% on every play until the final whistle. Unfortunately that can't be said for all the guys we put on the field

All I can say about Edibali is that he has a non stop motor, is lightning quick off the snap and gives it 100% on every play until the final whistle. Unfortunately that can't be said for all the guys we put on the field

The play I saw him in on Monday night, he was a day late and a dollar short. He looked like he was chasing Matt Ryan on roller skates, but that may be due to not getting enough reps in this identity less Defense. He is kind of a tweener like most of our guys that are left ?

As some have said in the past, I will never buy the Training Camp hype again.

I realize injuries have decimated our team. But some players that were hyped up, I really haven't heard from since the real games have started.

I'm totally bummed 3 games in, to a much looked forward season. Sigh.

As some have said in the past, I will never buy the Training Camp hype again.

I realize injuries have decimated our team. But some players that were hyped up, I really haven't heard from since the real games have started.

I'm totally bummed 3 games in, to a much looked forward season. Sigh.

Exactly. Training camp AND pre-season games mean nothing. I've seen guys look like they were gonna take over the league in camp and pre-season and then when the REAL games start, they're average at best. Do it in the first few games of the season (like Breaux last year,) and then I'll believe it.....

Exactly. Training camp AND pre-season games mean nothing. I've seen guys look like they were gonna take over the league in camp and pre-season and then when the REAL games start, they're average at best. Do it in the first few games of the season (like Breaux last year,) and then I'll believe it.....

I wouldn't say that is necessarily true... we looked pretty bad in preseason and well....

yeah he and gwachum- supposed saviors of our pass rush

nada so far

I did notice he is using Junya's 4 point stance with his nose on the ground. If you followed them on social media he seemed to be close with Junior. Recently he seems closer with Jordan, but that would be expected somewhat. The question is...does he have a little bit of Junya's attitude off the field?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom