N/S Katie Nolan gives fans who sent mean tweets about kickers a chance to make real field goals... (1 Viewer)

That was pathetically sad. Especially off a tee. I may start randomly start talking sheet on twitter about missed field goals in college games next year just in the off chance I could get an invite to do this. I know I can still hit one from 40 - definitely if kicking off a tee.

That was pathetically sad. Especially off a tee. I may start randomly start talking shirt on twitter about missed field goals in college games next year just in the off chance I could get an invite to do this. I know I can still hit one from 40 - definitely if kicking off a tee.
You could always go to the local high school and film yourself kicking one for our enjoyment here :p I figure I maybe could hit one from 10 yards.....and I even have doubts about that. Definitely harder than they make it look.

College kickers are on a team for a reason, they are athletically gifted! Fans are just bunch of couch tv watching people. Not a fair comparison

There is a lot of technique to it. I can kick a soccer ball from midfield and hit the top right corner of a goal, but when I tried kicking a field goal from 15 yards it wasnt pretty.

Nonetheless missing kicks is part of the job. The best field goal kickers miss lots of kicks. I dont see the harm in mildly heckling an opposing fan base in what amounts to simply a game.

On the other hand trash talking and berating your own kicker is sad.

College kickers are on a team for a reason, they are athletically gifted! Fans are just bunch of couch tv watching people. Not a fair comparison

You don't need to be athletically gifted to kick a ball higher than your head. You can do that just standing next to the ball.

Kicking in a game situation is hard, especially when you don't place the ball you are kicking.

Last edited:
That was pathetically sad. Especially off a tee. I may start randomly start talking shirt on twitter about missed field goals in college games next year just in the off chance I could get an invite to do this. I know I can still hit one from 40 - definitely if kicking off a tee.
You could always go to the local high school and film yourself kicking one for our enjoyment here :p I figure I maybe could hit one from 10 yards.....and I even have doubts about that. Definitely harder than they make it look.

Yeah, do a video and post it. 40yds!

This was a comparison fans made themselves, and got called on. The takeaway for me is that, for the most part, fans are stupid and irrational. And massively underestimate the talent and effort that goes into playing a sport well at high level.

Its been about 9 years since I kicked. Hit from 30,but it barely made it over the crossbar. Im so out of shape I probably couldn't hit from 10.

I feel like you have to prove it to us now. We'll be awaiting your soon to be released video.

TBF she isn't very bright. She's cute and funny, but not exactly Einstein.
I suggest you tweet this at her and maybe just maybe she will call you to host her show for a few minutes to see exactly how close to Einstein you are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom