N/S Katie Nolan gives fans who sent mean tweets about kickers a chance to make real field goals... (1 Viewer)

That's the difference between my statement and theirs. I know for a fact I can make a 40 yard field goal. We sometimes kick field goals for fun after we finish playing soccer. We use real footballs and everything. That's why I'd welcome an invite from her to do it and if making fun of kickers on twitter is the way to get there, so be it.

how old are you?

I feel like you have to prove it to us now. We'll be awaiting your soon to be released video.

I play in the fall league which just ended right before Christmas (I'm thinking about playing the Spring league again this year, but may not be able to because of travel and work obligations). I don't like the summer and winter leagues because it's too cold or too hot for me to run that much not being in the peak physical condition I was 10 years ago. But when I play again in the fall league next year, I'll have someone take a video of all of us kicking field goals. Most can make it from further than 40, but that's my limit. I'm not in my twenties anymore like lots of these guys. Some can't kick as football really at all for some reason. It's really the same as kicking a soccer ball. Plant leg aims and a clean kicking motion to make good contact is all that's required. Granted, it's much easier for anyone whose played soccer their whole life to do than someone just kicking a football for the first time.

I was fortunate enough to be on the field for a work event at the old Cowboys stadium back in 2000. We were throwing passes around and kicking field goals off of a tee. Pretty sure I made one, barely, from 25 yards after quite a few attempts. Much harder than it looks.

37 - yes, there are adult soccer leagues all across the GNO area.

yes im aware ( i played at Lafreniere w/ Mike Jeffries when you were a teenager lol. Pan Am league and then Pelican Park where i tore my achilles at the ripe ole age of 43)

I asked because at 37 its not inconcievable for a soccer player to make a 40 yarder. Certainly gives you an advantage than a guy who hasnt kicked a ball his entire life.

But id be willing to put up $50 donation to SR.Com for a video of a 40 yd FG. ON FIRST TRY. YOU. Not your mates. So we will work on the "honor system" lol.

Went out at break. Thought I’d be safe. I was 1for 5 on extra point distance with coworker who played holding. Yeah definitely haven’t kicked for years

So this is what ESPN is showing now? Remember when ESPN actually showed sports? I mean what is Nolan’s sports background?

What does her sports background have to do with showing a few Uncle Ricos that they really can't do it better than the players on the field?

And ESPN still shows sports whenever there is anything live and under contract with the network. This was from their streaming service.

yes im aware ( i played at Lafreniere w/ Mike Jeffries when you were a teenager lol. Pan Am league and then Pelican Park where i tore my achilles at the ripe ole age of 43)

I asked because at 37 its not inconcievable for a soccer player to make a 40 yarder. Certainly gives you an advantage than a guy who hasnt kicked a ball his entire life.

But id be willing to put up $50 donation to SR.Com for a video of a 40 yd FG. ON FIRST TRY. YOU. Not your mates. So we will work on the "honor system" lol.

I won't be playing another season until the end of September but would gladly have someone take a video of me attempting a 40 yard attempt on my first try without a warm up. (The warm up would be unnecessary anyway since we typically hang around kicking field goals and just screwing around after the game is over until the lights get turned off.) I'm not pretending to be some stud place kicker who could hit one 10/10 times, but I'm pretty certain that I could hit at least 5/10 - which wouldn't make it onto any football roster above the pee wee level.

I won't be playing another season until the end of September but would gladly have someone take a video of me attempting a 40 yard attempt on my first try without a warm up. (The warm up would be unnecessary anyway since we typically hang around kicking field goals and just screwing around after the game is over until the lights get turned off.) I'm not pretending to be some stud place kicker who could hit one 10/10 times, but I'm pretty certain that I could hit at least 5/10 - which wouldn't make it onto any football roster above the pee wee level.

no you can warm up your leg...not expecting you to pull a quad. im saying after stretching and all. Simply set a ball down at the 30, on a tee, and boot it thru. Post video and ill submit $50 in your name.
Oh and since you have exp, ill expect a 5 step ( yard ) drop back.
wait are you saying you will do in Sept? lol

I hit a 35 yarder off the ground over 20 years ago. It barely crossed the bar. I also prefer kicking barefoot. I seem to be more “accurate” that way. It is definitely harder than it looks.

no you can warm up your leg...not expecting you to pull a quad. im saying after stretching and all. Simply set a ball down at the 30, on a tee, and boot it thru. Post video and ill submit $50 in your name.
Oh and since you have exp, ill expect a 5 step ( yard ) drop back.
wait are you saying you will do in Sept? lol
Not a problem. I always kick with pretty much the same walked off steps that you see on television. And, yeah, since I'm not playing in a league again until September, I don't have access to the field/field goal in order to even try. Unless you know of a field somewhere in the area that you can just walk onto and use as you please, I could do that. I'd just have to get a ball (the only footballs I have are all signed) and a tee (I'll drop the $5 or whatever one costs at Academy) and get someone to go out there with me to record it.

I went out to a high school field and tried once, probably in my mid-20s. And it looked about like that. Amazing how easy they make it look on TV.

I hit a 35 yarder off the ground over 20 years ago. It barely crossed the bar. I also prefer kicking barefoot. I seem to be more “accurate” that way. It is definitely harder than it looks.
barefoot kicking is the way you're guaranteed to make clean contact with the ball. That's why so many kickers wear mismatched cleats. The kicking foot cleat is usually a much thinner leather, and smaller shoe size than the plant leg's cleat. I remember kicking a few barefoot and I can't handle the sting on my foot like I could back when I was a kid. That sheet really does hurt.

Adam Vinatieri said his kicking foot cleat is a size 8.5 while he wears a 10.5 in regular shoes. Says he has to wear flip flops the entire off season to let his foot heal. Hey, if that's what it takes to nearly be eligible for AARP benefits and still be one of the most reliable kickers in the league - more power to him.

barefoot kicking is the way you're guaranteed to make clean contact with the ball. That's why so many kickers wear mismatched cleats. The kicking foot cleat is usually a much thinner leather, and smaller shoe size than the plant leg's cleat. I remember kicking a few barefoot and I can't handle the sting on my foot like I could back when I was a kid. That shirt really does hurt.

Adam Vinatieri said his kicking foot cleat is a size 8.5 while he wears a 10.5 in regular shoes. Says he has to wear flip flops the entire off season to let his foot heal. Hey, if that's what it takes to nearly be eligible for AARP benefits and still be one of the most reliable kickers in the league - more power to him.
Usually the first few kicks sting, but after that your foot is numb and good to go. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom