Kawika Mitchell? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Why are only a handful on here interested in signing him? He will come alot cheaper than Briggs and has a superbowl ring. Not to mention was a big part of one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. IMO i think our staff is crazy if he is not at least on their radar.

Take Connor at 10 and be done with it... I'm saying this and I don't even want the guy... but I'm ready to get a young stud that can be the centerpiece for years to come.

Take Connor at 10 and be done with it... I'm saying this and I don't even want the guy... but I'm ready to get a young stud that can be the centerpiece for years to come.

Sounds good to me too but Mitchell is a weak OLB and is alot more athletic than the Shanle. I know we signed Shanle to a deal last year but he plays like a great backup.

He could probably play any of the three LB positions... He's solid, not really a big playmaker, but he would be the 2nd best LB on our team (probably slightly worse than Fujita).

He'd definitely be a welcome addition to the D if we could get him for a decent price and upgrade the other needs elsewhere...

Mitchell is easily one of my favorite linebacker prospects in this free agent class. I would be very happy if we landed him. He is very versatile and can play all 3 spots and looks like an up and comer.

BTW, he played WILL mostly in NYG.

I'm in the pro Mitchell camp too. Everytime I've seen him play I've come away impressed, He's athletic so he can play the run or pass. The Saints don't need a SLB (they already have Fujita) but he'd be an immediate ugrade at MLB or WLB. I hope they go after him.....

beast
i think hell be resigned, but if not, go for him. please.

Mitchell impressed me in the postseason, did he not have man for man on Moss in one of the packages they used in the last game of the regular season? That suggests some athleticism..

Mitchell impressed me in the postseason, did he not have man for man on Moss in one of the packages they used in the last game of the regular season? That suggests some athleticism..

Yep that was him. He was on Moss twice and was called for PI once but was still step for step with him. Second time i believe he blocked his view to where he couldnt catch it.

I'm all for Mitchell! I think the guy can play all LB spots and would be much less expensive than someone like Briggs.
I remember when Fujita came here a lot of people thought he was not gonna be very good. Well if you ask me, with what he has around him, he's played as good as almost anyone.

I also think Torbor is worth a look. That Giants Defense was pretty dang good and it had alot to do with those LBs.

Mitchell is very similar similar then Fujita, both are over 250 pounds but Mitchell is almost 4 inches shorter. I think Mitchell is better playing outside than in the middle, but it is hard to make a good analysis considering he was playing the middle behind a weak line in Kansas City and outside behind the Giants' d-line.

If for some reason we finally get a smaller player to play the MIKE I think it would be a good idea to consider a bigger player for the weak-side as protection. In this case Mitchell fits the bill perfectly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom