Kawika Mitchell? (1 Viewer)

Why are only a handful on here interested in signing him? He will come alot cheaper than Briggs and has a superbowl ring. Not to mention was a big part of one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. IMO i think our staff is crazy if he is not at least on their radar.

......I think we dont want "cheap" replacements for our "cheap" replacements who replaced our "cheap" replacements...if he cant command alot of money, its probably cause he doesnt bring much to the table....we need guys who bring stuff to the table, stop shopping the bargain bin and get impact players, if there not in this years crop of FA then draft them (as I think we should) and try again next year, or explore some trades.

......I think we dont want "cheap" replacements for our "cheap" replacements who replaced our "cheap" replacements...if he cant command alot of money, its probably cause he doesnt bring much to the table....we need guys who bring stuff to the table, stop shopping the bargain bin and get impact players, if there not in this years crop of FA then draft them (as I think we should) and try again next year, or explore some trades.

Dude nobody said he would be cheap or that he doesnt bring anything to the table. He would be alot Cheaper than Briggs. I think you are right about the draft but really the linebacker class this year is ok at best. So do we draft a bunch of Melvin Micthells and hope a couple pan out? Then what do we do about CB since most are tagged? Why do we wait until next year just to have the franchise tag placed on all our targets and we are stuck with 35 year old free agents? Things to consider.

Dude nobody said he would be cheap or that he doesnt bring anything to the table. He would be alot Cheaper than Briggs. I think you are right about the draft but really the linebacker class this year is ok at best. So do we draft a bunch of Melvin Micthells and hope a couple pan out? Then what do we do about CB since most are tagged? Why do we wait until next year just to have the franchise tag placed on all our targets and we are stuck with 35 year old free agents? Things to consider.

"Why do we wait until next year just to have the franchise tag placed on all our targets?"......thats why you build your team through the draft, you dont have to worry about any of that, you add "available" players through free agency, but you should be trying to improve your team through the draft, you dont build your team according to who will be free agents next year, you draft players and bring them up in your system, you sign free agents who fit your scheme and or system.

"Why do we wait until next year just to have the franchise tag placed on all our targets?"......thats why you build your team through the draft, you dont have to worry about any of that, you add "available" players through free agency, but you should be trying to improve your team through the draft, you dont build your team according to who will be free agents next year, you draft players and bring them up in your system, you sign free agents who fit your scheme and or system.

I agree but like i said i do not see alot of linebackers that are sure things in this years draft. Besides what about DT? We only have 7 rounds and about 4 defensive positions to fill. If we maybe trade a player for another first or second rounder then maybe we could get by with just the draft. I want to win a superbowl next year and i just dont see it happening with this draft class.

no such thing as a sure thing, you draft them based on talent and production....and there are some players in this draft.

I like him. He plays with a mean streak plus he has experience at the Mike with KC and he played with Fujita out there. But don't over pay him !

Why are only a handful on here interested in signing him? He will come alot cheaper than Briggs and has a superbowl ring. Not to mention was a big part of one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. IMO i think our staff is crazy if he is not at least on their radar.

One things is a superbowl ring doesn't make one play like a probowl linebacker which Briggs happens to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom