Saints Kay Adams: Eli Apple will show up vs. the Eagles (1 Viewer)

The key to the defense in this game will be overcoming the quick release rhythm nature of Foles game. I believe it was NFL playbook that said the saints must jamm at the LoS and disrupt the timing, while giving the Dline and linebackers time to get home.

If that is in fact the game plan going in, and the DBs succeed, the defense pass rush will look like the heroes. The bottom line to me is that this game comes down to our DBs being physical.
Foles had that same quick release in 2013, and the Saints had Greer and a couple of lesser talented corners, especially in the slot. They beat the Eagles in Philadelphia with Foles in the wildcard game in 2013 in 30something degree weather. This Saints team on both offense and defense is better than that 2013 team.

Last edited:
Apple it's the weak link. Sad but true.
Teams have been going after Lattimore more than Apple because Apple plays more press man than Latt. Apple draws an occasional DPI, but Latt has actually given up more yards, and I believe more TDs. Latt is the one that has been receiving more help with safeties over the top. Lately, Apple, and PJ Williams, in the slot, have been left alone when playing man coverage with a roaming safety.

People forget that Eli Apple has played the Eagles five times in his career. Four times in his two seasons with the Giants and once with the Saints this year. He knows Foles' tendencies and those of the Eagles wide outs. Look what he did against Atlanta's trio of receivers, against Goff and the Rams receivers, and against arguably the best tandem of receivers in the league in Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster. Payton and Allen will have him ready, plus he himself is probably ready from the confidence in him shown by the Saints in trading for him, believing in him, and playing with his Ohio State buddies on the team.

Actually this will be Apples 7th game against the eagles. He played them once with the Giants this year in early October and once with us in November. He’ll have played them 3x this year after Sunday.

Actually this will be Apples 7th game against the eagles. He played them once with the Giants this year in early October and once with us in November. He’ll have played them 3x this year after Sunday.
Spot-on. Thanks for the correction. I forgot about that game. He did the same with the Cowboys this year, if IRRC.

I personally believe Foles relies too much on rolling out to his right and passing to his right. He did it against the Bears in crunch time and marched down the field. The trick may be to roll coverage to that side and have Lattimore lock down the left side. Also, I looked back to see if my hunch was credible and it looks like it matches up well with his profile when he came into the league.

I personally believe Foles relies too much on rolling out to his right and passing to his right. He did it against the Bears in crunch time and marched down the field. The trick may be to roll coverage to that side and have Lattimore lock down the left side. Also, I looked back to see if my hunch was credible and it looks like it matches up well with his profile when he came into the league.
If the DEs don't lose outside containment, he won't be able to roll out. The Saints saw the same thing in Big Ben. But they didn't have Demario Davis playing in that game, if IRRC. With Rankins crashiing the middle, and Davis and Jordan applying outside pressure, with the Eagles problems on the oline, there's going to be either a lot of sacks or oline holding calls or non-calls.

If the DEs don't lose outside containment, he won't be able to roll out. The Saints saw the same thing in Big Ben. But they didn't have Demario Davis playing in that game, if IRRC. With Rankins crashiing the middle, and Davis and Jordan applying outside pressure, with the Eagles problems on the oline, there's going to be either a lot of sacks or oline holding calls or non-calls.

Davis played but the Steelers were able to spread us out with their 5 wide formation and feast. They gave up basically running the ball and just used the quick passing game all day. The difference is that the Steelers have the personnel to do it and the eagles don’t. They have a few good players but they don’t have the same quality as the Steelers.

People forget that Eli Apple has played the Eagles five times in his career. Four times in his two seasons with the Giants and once with the Saints this year. He knows Foles' tendencies and those of the Eagles wide outs. Look what he did against Atlanta's trio of receivers, against Goff and the Rams receivers, and against arguably the best tandem of receivers in the league in Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster. Payton and Allen will have him ready, plus he himself is probably ready from the confidence in him shown by the Saints in trading for him, believing in him, and playing with his Ohio State buddies on the team.

This will aftually be his 7th time playing them. He’s already played them twice this year due to him playing one game against the Eagles this year before being traded to us.

I can honestly say Kay have been rocking with the Saints since day 1. She and Reggie Bush the only ones. Shes definitely on the Bread Wagon. Road to ATL starts tomorrow. Lets get oiled up and pop the roof off the Dome.

Actually 6 cuz he played them once w the giants this year before being traded and then once with us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom