KC observation (1 Viewer)

outvoted

Due to popular demand....
Reaction score
Was watching the Raiders/KC game and could not help but notice that alot of their studs are former Saints. Knight, Turley, Bennett, and of course the retiree Roaf. Do you all think that Knight, as old as he was when he was let go, could have been as productive as he was for us even now?
I realize that Turley is now unreliable in any instance and Bennett never really played for us, but they both looked very good Sunday. Roaf was a huge moistake as we all know and agree upon, but was a personal issue. Knight was almost as bad as letting Glover go.
Any thoughts?

By the way, I think that these past two weeks are not going to be a harmful thing for this team. feels great to say this and actually believe it, but this team has chemistry, heart and confidence in itself and I am saying it right now, they will recover nicely and sweep the rest of the division, Atlanta and Carolina, as well as beat Dallas, SF, and the Giants. Do the math and yes, they will end up 11-5 at worst, and take the tie breaker fopr the division. Remember this!!!! If I have to eat crow I will, but I honestly believe in this team!!

Feel free to ridicule, but I will remember and bring it right back to you eventually. With love of course.

I will take Fujita and Horn over a washed up Turley, an injury prone Bennett, a retired Roaf and even though I really like Sammy Knight he is on the back side of his career.

If you consider that they replaced Knight with Tebucky Jones, I'd say that was a big step backwards. Sammy's last three seasons with the Saints, he had 16 interceptions. I don't think if you combine all the ints the Saints safeties had since 2003 it would equal 16.

If you consider that they replaced Knight with Tebucky Jones, I'd say that was a big step backwards. Sammy's last three seasons with the Saints, he had 16 interceptions. I don't think if you combine all the ints the Saints safeties had since 2003 it would equal 16.
We could have kept Knight if it wasn't for that bizarre cover two Venturi tried his first year as Haslett's DC. You're supposed to have some speed @ safety in the cover two, and good ol' Rick thought Knight and Bellamy fit the bill. :0030: The next year, the Saints draft Mitchell and acquire Jones.:0030: After all that, he gets to be Witherspoons position coach?:no:

Letting Knight go was one of the worst mistakes this franchise has made over the last decade. Yep, he was slow. But damn if he couldn't ballhawk. Not to mention his tackling vs the tackling of Tebucky Jones. Lord almighty.

Is Mel Mitchell even still in the NFL?

Haslett could not evaluate talent. He kept Brooks over Jake and Bulger. Let Roaf, Turley, Knight and Glover leave. He started players that could not even make backups on most NFL teams. This is a sore subject for me.

Knight missed alot of tackles. He would very often fly in to make the big hit and either knock off the other Saint attempting the tackle, allowing the runner/receiver to go free, or lead with the shoulder to make the big hit by himself and the runner /receiver would go free. He couldn't cover. Near the end he wasn't the ball hawk we remember from the Ditka years and Haslett's first year. Replacing him wasn't the problem; replacing him with "He-sucky" Jones was the problem. Turley was a head case, but was a good right tackle. However he was a mediocre left tackle. Losing Glover, Jake and Roaf were killers. I agree the Saints did a terrible job evalating talent, especially when it came to deciding between players on their own roster.

Sammy Knight was a solid player. However, if you think his play is slipping you bring in a young player to learn behind him or bring in veteran competition. You do not cut him without knowing you have a solid replacement. This move had a major negative effect on the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom