KC still paying Crennel - PFT Article (1 Viewer)

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
I had no idea that Romeo was still getting pad for the next two years from the Chiefs, so if he took any job right now according to Florio, he would not make any more money that he can earn sitting home relaxing and enjoying some time off after the rough season he had both on and off the field in 2012.

It also points out that according to "a source" Romeo has yet to be contacted by the Saints.

He’ll continue to be paid by the Chiefs for the next two years, so he doesn’t need to work. More importantly, any work he’ll be doing will be for free, since any money he makes coaching will reduce the amount the Chiefs owe him on his buyout.

Crennel hasn

That means, Crenell is better off if he takes off a couple years.....and why not? His gig in KC was a total disaster. That way people forget most of his resume....

He's getting up there in age, he's not gonna kick-back for the next two years. His love for the game won't let 'em.

Well he's a better man than me if he does coach again. I'd be sitting at home doing whatever i want.

We'll see. We're going to be paying Spags for two more years, I'm sure.

In this game, if you take a couple years off, the game changes while you were gone. Look at what's happened to so many coaches who took off to do analyst work or for a commentator position. When they come back, it's to a slap into reality. If he's going to come back, he needs to stay in the mix somehow. Even if it's as a DC or some other role, he needs to remain active in the game. If he takes the time to just collect on KC's buyout, I don't see him as a Head Coach again.

The other fact is that people simply stop thinking about you. Look at "what's his face". You know, Mike Smith's brother in law. He was a good coach. Won a Superbowl and everything. With all the open HC spots this year, the guy never even got a sniff. Even after he supposedly let it be known that he'd be open to the possibility.

he's been in the league a good long time now and he's getting up in years.....I'm guessing he's not waiting on next weeks paycheck before he goes grocery shopping. My bet is the money really isn't all that important to him. The fact he's getting older may make him just decide to retire but history has shown that these guys will work as long as they can usually.

Stop with the old age... A lot of coaches older then him still coaching

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

Well he's a better man than me if he does coach again. I'd be sitting at home doing whatever i want.

:9: :D :D His full SS benefits won't kick in until he's 66, as I know from personal experience. Then again, he probably doesn't need them.

I think there is quite a lot of wishful thinking in this thread... Want to check? Try to cast your mind back before we had our vaunted 3-4 D if you can; how confident were you all that Romeo would be coaching this year?

Truth is, this is a personal decision he'll take with the fam. Money is ALWAYS a consideration (anyone saying it isn't is over-simplifying things) and if you're effectively given the year off, at full pay, to spend with the wife, kids, grandkids, after doing one of the most stressful jobs you can imagine? I don't know how any of us can, without the black and gold glasses, say that wouldn't even be a possibility.

I think there is quite a lot of wishful thinking in this thread... Want to check? Try to cast your mind back before we had our vaunted 3-4 D if you can; how confident were you all that Romeo would be coaching this year?

Truth is, this is a personal decision he'll take with the fam. Money is ALWAYS a consideration (anyone saying it isn't is over-simplifying things) and if you're effectively given the year off, at full pay, to spend with the wife, kids, grandkids, after doing one of the most stressful jobs you can imagine? I don't know how any of us can, without the black and gold glasses, say that wouldn't even be a possibility.

Couldn't agree more with your post.

I had no idea that Romeo was still getting pad for the next two years from the Chiefs, so if he took any job right now according to Florio, he would not make any more money that he can earn sitting home relaxing and enjoying some time off after the rough season he had both on and off the field in 2012.

It also points out that according to "a source" Romeo has yet to be contacted by the Saints.

Crennel hasn

I think the Saints new DC is coachg in the SB,this weekend:mwink:

Honestly, regardless of who we pick to be our next DC, I'm totally behind them.

This is the reality. No matter who is picked some will cheer, some will complain, and the rest will have no idea who the guy is anyway.

Not a single one of us know Romeo. We only know he's a good coach. Is he want Sean and Mickey want? No idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom