KDF's POST DRAFT GRADES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Because Onye sat for almost three years I believe. That’s three years of value wasted. If not for the injuries, Rankins’ value would have been head and shoulders above. Nothing to do with rethoric

Onyemata has played in the rotation basically since he was drafted and played really well. That's how he earned the contract he got. Rankins has also played in the rotation since he was drafted. He looked on the verge of being great before he tore his achilles, but hasn't been the same since. The team clearly knew they could not sign both and they chose to sign Onyemata because he earned the contract and didn't have the injury issue that Rankins did.

Regardless, the point is that it doesn't really matter who was drafted in the 1st or who was drafted in the 4th. They have both played and contributed to the team and those contributions are there regardless of what "value" you assign to where they were drafted.

Rankins was the better draft pick. He had an outstanding 2018. His three injuries were not predictable. Now I guess that if Onyemata plays well another couple of years, he will become the best pick; but at the moment they drafted them, there’s no doubt that Rankins was a first, and Onyemata a fourth
Getting a DT who starts and is part of the DT rotation for 5 years, but doesn't earn a second contract, is about the least you want from a fairly high draft pick. On the other hand, you are usually happy if a 4th round pick makes the team and contributes. Onyemata has played really well, started, been in the rotation, and earned a second contract. That's a lot more than you expect from most 4th round picks and makes it a much better value than the Rankins pick.

That is if the "value" of draft picks really means anything in the end. I mean, there is an opportunity cost if you draft a guy too high in that you could have taken a better player there and then taken him later, but that's hindsight. Frankly, Rankins was probably taken about where he should have been taken. Onyemata is great value for a 4th round pick because there probably aren't many other guys taken after him, if any, that have performed better.

No. Because Onye sat for almost three years I believe. That’s three years of value wasted. If not for the injuries, Rankins’ value would have been head and shoulders above. Nothing to do with rethoric

You believe wrong....I mean it takes 2 seconds to google and find out he actually started in 6 games his 2nd year (and played in all of them). The last 2 years he has started every game. That is the exact opposite of value wasted....

I think he turned into what we thought Rankins would. And that is nothing against Rankins, the only problem he had here was he just wasn't on the field enough due to injuries....

You might want to go look back at both of their career stats. Based on value and performance Onyemata was the better draft pick. Not saying that Rankins should not have been a first, he should have been. Not saying that Onyemata should not have been a 4th, he should have been. But so far, this 4th rounder was a better pick than the 1st rounder
You said it better. My point is, they were both drafted at the correct round, based on the information they had. The discussion was about Turner: I don’t know if he’s worth the first round or not (the FO knows way better), but he could be a bit of a reach based on the information we have. Maybe he will play out like Onyemata, Rankins, a bust or a hall of famer, this is not the point.

You might want to go look back at both of their career stats. Based on value and performance Onyemata was the better draft pick. Not saying that Rankins should not have been a first, he should have been. Not saying that Onyemata should not have been a 4th, he should have been. But so far, this 4th rounder was a better pick than the 1st rounder
Better value...and better player.

Rankins was the better prospect, except Rankins career was hijacked by that achilles injury and he still hasn't recovered. I would still say Onyemata turned out to be the better pick. Notice one got paid and one didn't.

SR needs to have required IQ tests before people are allowed to post.

Okay the draft is finally over and now we can focus on the release of the NFL schedule then training camp. BTW shout out to the Carolina Panthers and their A+ draft. And now on to the grades:

1. Payton Turner: C- Marcus Davenport 2.0, we drafted what i hate the most in any player..........POTENTIAL!! I am hoping I'm wrong about him, I actually spent some more time researching him some more today and I came up with the same conclusion, we could have had him in the late 2nd round.

2. Pete Werner: B- Scott Shanle 2.0, nothing wrong with this pick except we could have gotten him lower, he is smart, good tackler, and rarely out of position. Just don't expect anything more than average and you won't be disappointed. Not the sideline to sideline backer I wanted. But Meh. Average.

3. Paulson Adebo: B+ I love the pick. Good but not great speed for a CB, enough twitch in his hips for the position, and a ballhawk. I knew the Saints were going to gift Kris Richard for coming over and now they have. Now finish this story off and go sign Richard Sherman.

4. Ian Book: C- Don't understand this pick one bit, but I can say this about every pick except Adebo. Not a fan of his arm strength, his balls float, and he has a tendency to just take off after going through his reads (something that he can teach Taysom Hill to do). If we drafted him with the intentions of him never starting and just holding a clipboard then B+ if we did expecting anything more shame on you.

5. Landon Young: B+ I like this pick alot. Some teams have a knack at drafting a certain position and getting it right everytime, when it comes to OL there is no one better than the Saints. This is a massive man that is not going to be asked to start or play right away and will get to learn from some of the best in the game. Awesome selection, Awesome pick. Go get'em big fella.

6. Kawaan Baker: C Meh. TQS 2.0, this a recurring theme. Ran a nice 40 at 4.43, when i watched his tape, I guessed 4.44. He played against subpar competition and put up subpar numbers......soooooo....Dollar store version TQS. I would have rather we drafted the Guard from Grambling. He is no threat to any WR currently on the roster, he is just TQS replacement when he leaves next offseason.
Super Bumpty bump. Please spread some respect sauce all on my name. Disclaimer: Doesn't matter if this gets NEG REPPED to death. The TRUTH IS THE TRUTH and you can't take it away. I said this May 2nd, before anyone of these players played a down.

Super Bumpty bump. Please spread some respect sauce all on my name. Disclaimer: Doesn't matter if this gets NEG REPPED to death. The TRUTH IS THE TRUTH and you can't take it away. I said this May 2nd, before anyone of these players played a down.
Stop bumping old threads. If you'd like to (prematurely) gloat, start a new thread, and reference the old one by quoting and linking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom