KDF's POST DRAFT GRADES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werner is a much better athlete than Shanle was.

Shanle at the combine ran a 4.71 40, had a three-cone time of 7.27, had a vertical jump of 31, and had a broad jump of 111. His RAS was 6.79.

Werner at his pro day ran a 4.64 40, had a three-cone time of 6.95, had a vertical of 39.5, and had a broad jump of 122. His RAS is 9.49

Yeah, but you don't draft potential in the FIRST round, homey! Not even late first. And [Deleted by Mod - unnecessarily rude], at least pick a prime position of need.
We can all agree this is true, you should draft a #1 ready to come in and contribute right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Werner is a much better athlete than Shanle was.

Shanle at the combine ran a 4.71 40, had a three-cone time of 7.27, had a vertical jump of 31, and had a broad jump of 111. His RAS was 6.79.

Werner at his pro day ran a 4.64 40, had a three-cone time of 6.95, had a vertical of 39.5, and had a broad jump of 122. His RAS is 9.49
Don’t interrupt a hate rant with facts

We can all agree this is true, you should draft a #1 ready to come in and contribute right away.

What people are confusing is that this draft only had 14 or so true #1 options. Anything after that would be a reach to view as a #1. This guy was rapidly moving up the charts. He would have been gone in the first 10 picks in round 2. The Saints tried to trade up to get one of the real top tier guys but the price was too high. Kudos for not giving up the farm. Had they done so the hate would have been the same only different 😆

Well thinking about it, it's great Payton really believes in his coaching staff and they have been able to help project players (no one expected to be great) turned into something great over the years under Payton. PT, Colston, Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Trey Hendrickson (we're not talking great even tho he had an amazing year last year and you could see the build up to it).

There may be more but I can't think of them. Some will prob say Jimmy Graham (I don't tho b/c he didn't prove it elsewhere) and Taysom Hill (verdict is still out on him as well b/c if he leaves will he be great somewhere else).

Some may even add MT and A. Kamara in terms of them being as great as they are now.

The thing is under Payton tho there is only one true Hall of Fame player and that's Drew even tho I'm sure Cam, MT and A. Kamara will be there one day. Jahri could be in there too. Heck, I still think Colston should be in there as well but we'll see.

Potential. Project. If you aren't in the top half of the 1st, there's some reason the guys available didn't go high enough. Either they're scheme and fit dependent, play a less valued position, or have some other deficiency just major enough to warrant someone else not wanting him.

Well, KDF, your write up reads like a Mel Kiper type of evaluation. Perfectly defensible and conventional, yet premature and probably wrong on multiple players (either under- or over-estimating their eventual impact). Here's hoping you're wrong on most of your player evals for this Saints draft!

um ok. And I give every pick an A. We will see who's right in about 2-3 years. Grading a draft the day after is such foolishness, it shows the grader doesn't understand football as much as they pretend to be an expert. It's silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom