2023 KDF's Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

kennydfresh

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So as we know fellow Who Dats the draft is just weeks away and I know everyone is excited to see future Saints get those phone calls they have been waiting for their whole lives and get those shiny new draft hats. For some they even get to hug Roger Goodell (yuck!) But I didn't want to call this a mock draft but more of "what our team could be if we made these picks".

**In this scenario Saints sign Kwon Alexander and Frank Clark or Lenard Floyd, to 1yr deals that don't interfere with the compensation picks process.

1. Michael Myers TE - Now a days elite team always have something in common and it is they have elite TE play, case and point last years Super Bowl Kelce vs Goedert. This guy will remind everyone of the Jimmy Graham(except he blocks) days, he can play on the line and in the slot he is a straight up monster. I can see him starting out backing up Johnson but coming in red zone situations early in season then eventually taking over. Great backup to have if there is an INJURY <------(not the last time you will see this).

2. Mazi Smith DT - We get first round talent in the second, remember guys we have the 10th pick in the second round so this is highly plausible. This guy is a beast at the line of scrimmage. He has a very fast get off, uses his hands very well, and was one of the best run stoppers in college last year. I could him pushing for a starting spot his rookie year but will end up second time for his efforts ready to play in of case INJURY (there it is again).

3. Tyjae Spears RB - I know I know, everybody wants Gibbs (so do I) but drafting a RB that high to be a 3rd option is crazy. I mean buddy no matter how bad he is beasting is going to the bench in favor of the 6 week Alvin Kamara with fresh legs. Spears is from LOUISIANA, probably grew up a Saints fan and I love drafting players like that because I feel they would care a little more if we won or lost the games. You don't like this pick then I suggest you go watch the Tulane-USC bowl game, when they rode him to a victory and my guy refused to lose and cut up Caleb Williams an company.

4. Tank "Lesean Mccoy Jr" Dell WR - This guy is quick, fast, and run great routes. Since we missed out on Zay Flowers and Josh Downs why not get a bargain WR that can do the same things they can except in the 4th round. I call him "Shady" Mccoy because if you every seen him play you will instantly know why. We have been missing a true slot wr ever since Lance Moore retired, you know that guy that when your offense is having one of those days when your defense is playing well but the offense hasn't got going but all you need is a 1st down to get it started, he is that guy. A moving the chains guy. Also, if Edwards is backing up Thomas, Shaheed backs up Olave, then you have Williams possible starting in the slot.
5A. Zach Harrison DE - This guy runs a 4.4-4.5 40 and hits like a hammer 3 Force fumbles last year. The only thing is that I think he is a project and needs to be refined and could come in this year and play a couple of snaps if one of he top pass rushers go down. I don't think he starts out playing 1st and 2nd downs but I could see him start out as a situational pass rusher, but his downside he had 2.5 sacks last year, YIKES. But like I said he is a project but 5th rounders are suppose to be projects.

5B. OL - I'm sorry but I'm lazy to scout a decent one. If you guys wanna fill this spot in the comments feel free.

7A. Stetson Bennett QB - I really hope he is here. Whoever is the 3rd quarterback for us won't play is going to the practice squad anyways. He is here as a camp body and I would pay him enough money that he doesn't jump ship to another team or IR him for the year depending on how he looks in camp. With Carr, Winston, and Hill at QB he doesn't have a prayer of making the team this year but next year????

7B. Hunter Luepke FB - If this guy is still on the board after the Bennett pick, you trade up, bribe, or quid pro quo your way to get him on this team no matter what. This guy is nasty and would probably run over his own mother to get into the end zone. Yall gotta watch the highlight of this guy running through a clean hole for an easy TD but no instead of running through the opening untouched he looked around and found somebody to hit while running for the TD. I can easily see him and Trevor Penning becoming best friends. I think he would start to be honest. I'm not going to lie I am extremely jealous of the 49ers and their FB Kyle Juszczyk, I always wanted our own version of him.

This was all in fun, please leave all your disagreements, well wishes, whatever below in the comments. Even though I get on some of yall nerves, I love yall, we are the best fans in the league no matter what. I will definitely be at 2 games this year and will be flying from Guam. GOD bless.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom