Keenan Lewis after release: 'I'm gonna get a fresh start on life' (1 Viewer)

Randy S

No Jacket Required
Reaction score
Keenan Lewis said:
""It's a business. They can't wait on one player. They gotta do what's best for them, and I gotta do what's best for me," said Lewis, who said he still has the utmost respect for head coach Sean Payton and the Saints organization -- but added he didn't feel as comfortable over the past year, especially after Ryan was fired.

Lewis, who began his career with the Pittsburgh Steelers before signing with his hometown Saints in 2013, said he never had any specific arguments with Allen, who joined the Saints staff as a senior assistant in January 2015. But Lewis said he heard through other people that "I wasn't his guy."

Lewis also said he thinks the Saints were "obviously having problems with my injury situation."

The Saints have not commented on Lewis' release, but the decision likely was made for chemistry reasons as much as football reasons."

article link

KL played some good ball for us. I wish him well in the next chapter.

i

Last edited:
He didn't feel comfortable with Rob Ryan getting fired? I didn't feel comfortable with Rob Ryan being on our coaching staff.

He didn't feel comfortable with Rob Ryan getting fired? I didn't feel comfortable with Rob Ryan being on our coaching staff.

It doesn't say he didn't feel comfortable with Ryan getting fired. It says he was just more comfortable with Ryan (I take that to mean he just meshed better with Ryan than he did with Allen).

We'll see how it plays out but. Allen is considered a secondary guy, so if he feels like he can work with the guys we have rather than waiting on Keenan, we'll have to trust that and move on.

There were a couple of changes that may have unsettled him. Dennis Allen replaced Rob Ryan and Aaron Glenn replaced the crime dog.

He also said him and DA had beef that went back 6 years ago with Allen saying "he wasn't going to make it"

The article says that the 2.7M was fully guaranteed this year. Does anyone think he figures that the only way to increase his pay this year is to get cut and resigned?

The article says that the 2.7M was fully guaranteed this year. Does anyone think he figures that the only way to increase his pay this year is to get cut and resigned?

see, I thought they fully guaranteed his salary... this is good info. I wonder what we are on the hook for next season?

Now THAT is a man right there.. realizing when it's time to call it good and get on with life.. I got nothin' but mad RESPECT for K-Lew.. wishing him nothing but the best on his post-football life.. much thx for all you've done and laying it on the line Keenan...........Aloha'

NW.

Now THAT is a man right there.. realizing when it's time to call it good and get on with life.. I got nothin' but mad RESPECT for K-Lew.. wishing him nothing but the best on his post-football life.. much thx for all you've done and laying it on the line Keenan...........Aloha'

NW.

Shhhh...we're in "Player no longer plays for us so we have to pinpoint everything that's wrong about him" mode over here

I wonder if we even tried to get him to take a pay cut.

The Saints have not commented on Lewis' release, but the decision likely was made for chemistry reasons as much as football reasons.

See this? This is not news. This is conjecture and has no place in a news story. Now, an editorial piece? Sure. But it isn't actually news.

Keenan is a tough guy who gave 100% for this team. I wish him the best. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the you know what.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen. But he is no where near as healthy as he thinks he is. And that hip might never be right again. I hope for the best for him but I fear it's a long shot he makes a 100% recovery

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom