Keenan Lewis excelled at Press/Man to Man (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
everybody worried about Lewis playing zone in the Steelers 3-4 don't be..

"Rare height for the position. … Aggressive at the line of scrimmage. … At his best in press coverage where he can get his long arms on the receiver and disrupt the timing of the passing game. … Good foot quickness to turn and run with the receiver. … Plants, drives and closes quickly. … Gets his hands on lot of passes. … Has the experience and intelligence to operate well in zone coverage. … Enjoyed a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl.
Keenan Lewis, Oregon State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Here is another nugget...

And while he loved his days at Oregon State, Lewis said he hopes his professional playing career will prove less geographically challenging for his family and friends. "I definitely hope that one day I'll be able to come back and play for New Orleans," said Lewis, who interviewed with Saints scouts at the NFL Combine. "I hope they bring me home."

I like any corner they like, as long as we address Corner and the safeties

great find....this guy is going to definitely sign with us. write it down. He's dreamed of being a Saint.

I really like his size at 6 foot and 208 lbs; can play physical and run with WR. Only 26 and smart. A football player and a Steeler (swagger).

We will probably play press on the boundary side....off man on blitzes so corners can jump routes. Which i think Prob is good@.

Prob has very short arms for his height...so when pressing if his technique is off and he lunges and misses its hard for him to recover....contrary to people saying hes good in press...i stick by my guns and say hes better@off man.

I remember him pressing everybody at the senior bowl

I really don't see the Saints playing alot of press man. We are going to see tons more off man coverages with Rob Ryan calling the defense. So we need players with great recognition, great closing speed, and great tackling ability.

I wonder how the meeting went or is going between Lewis and the Saints? This is another bad thing to come from the bounty crap; very little info to the media. Not saying I'm entitled to know, just saying it would be good to know.

Lewis is a one of the most well rounded DBs around. Been watching him over the last 3 years, and everytime he's in the game, he competes tooth and nail with his guy. I honestly think that he'san Asante Samuel type, who tackles and D's the run like a S. This guy's been under the radar cause he was on a team that sported Polomalu, Harrison, and that LB corps. Landing Keenan Lewis would be mega for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom