Keenan Lewis' family happy the former O.P. Walker standout has returned home to play for the New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
12423216-mmmain.jpeg

When word came that his younger brother was signing a contract with the hometown team, Terral Lewis struggled to keep his composure.

Ever since the NFL became a realistic goal for Keenan Lewis, the New Oreans native and O.P Walker standout who inked a five-year, $26.3 million contract with the New Orleans Saints on Thursday, he and Terral dreamed of Keenan playing for the Saints.

But neither believed Keenan would actually be a regular in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome until Keenan called his older brother and told him of his planned visit to meet with the Saints.

Rest of Article

Happy for him. Had the chance to play against Walker my junior and senior year @ Mcmain

Great story. I know I'm biased, but it seems like we focus on bringing in really nice guys.

His brother sounds pretty righteous. When he found out KL had interest from the failclowns he said, "Man you absolutely can't do that." :ezbill:

That pride and realization of dreams can transform into amazing play sometimes. Being a regular at the Superdome, I cannot imagine the levels of apecrap I would go actually playing in it.

I cannot imagine how awesome it would be to see a family member suit up for the Saints. Next to doing it yourself, that has to be a dream come true!

I really love to see "local area" guys, who probably grew up Saint fans, come home and play before friends and family. In most cases it does bring out their best play....dang sure don't hurt with the ticket sales either. Welcome home, Keenan!!
Geaux Saints........

Man I love this guy! I really hope he does well in Ryan's system. And big ups to his brother for telling him not to play for them birds! Haha

His brother sounds pretty righteous. When he found out KL had interest from the failclowns he said, "Man you absolutely can't do that." :ezbill:

Any real Saints fan would refuse to ever play for the Falcons out of pure principle. Heck, I might get a Lewis jersey just because of that.

I cannot imagine how awesome it would be to see a family member suit up for the Saints. Next to doing it yourself, that has to be a dream come true!

Until you had to throat punch a fellow fan for bad mouthing him, Even though he's still a top ten player in that position.

Grew up knowing Keenan, bolester mccaleb, Craig buster Davis, mike Wallace (who was most athletic along side my sister Lacey who was the most athletic female that year at OP.) Along with others who went on to make it in pro sports. New Orleans natives always want to come home and it if great when they do. I know a part of Ed reed wants to come play at home just to say he did but money is always a factor. I well, still awesome knowing that he's from the boot.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom