Keenan Lewis on Twitter (1 Viewer)

domedawg

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
"I will miss my steelers fans, but they didn't offer me a deal. Sean Payton believe in me. I love him as a coach. Made me feel comfortable. Ilove that man. He is a kign. I respect him so much"!"

Like this guy already.

"I will miss my steelers fans, but they didn't offer me a deal. Sean Payton believe in me. I love him as a coach. Made me feel comfortable. Ilove that man. He is a kign. I respect him so much"!"

Like this guy already.

Lol. I asked a Steeler fan the other day if he is going to mis Lewis, and he was like whos that? I shaked my head and changed the subject.

Lol. I asked a Steeler fan the other day if he is going to mis Lewis, and he was like whos that? I shaked my head and changed the subject.

You sure he was a steeler fan? He sounds like one of those I like the colors of the team so I'm a fan type if he doesn't know.

Does it bother anyone else that the Steelers didn't offer him a contract?

Solid pick up for you guys. He's by no means a shut down corner, but he plays within his means and won't make himself look bad getting beat every down.

Does it bother anyone else that the Steelers didn't offer him a contract?
This is what one Steelers fan said in the comments on the story about Lewis at PFT:

The Steelers do let go of talent. We just don’t do it arbitrarily. The current personnel managment weighs costs v. benefits and decides which players are worth keeping. Obviously Colbert/Khan and company have decided Cortez Allen and future draft picks can handle the corner load, so they were willing to let Keenan Lewis go to the Saints. I trust that decision because Colbert/Khan have a track record worth trusting. That doesn’t mean Lewis isn’t a valuable defensive back and that we wouldn’t all (including LeBeau, Colbert, and Khan) have preferred to keep him if we weren’t up against the cap. The Saints have picked up a fine player.

From the Steelers fans I've talked to they would've rather let go of Ike Taylor and kept Keenan Lewis.

However, they are very high on Cortez Allen.

I could see why they would rather let go of Ike Taylor. Ike is up there in age and what you see is what you get with him. Lewis is still young, and still has some upside. With the proper coaching, he could be even better than what he is now. Also, I just looked Lewis up, and he is playing in his hometown. He was born in New Orleans, so playing where his friends and family can watch him regularly should help him get adjusted to your team much faster than normal.

I like this guy. I can tell just from His radio interview yesterday with Bobby that he will be a new fan favorite. It's still weird seeing players want to play for the Saints...It's awesome.

I could see why they would rather let go of Ike Taylor. Ike is up there in age and what you see is what you get with him. Lewis is still young, and still has some upside. With the proper coaching, he could be even better than what he is now. Also, I just looked Lewis up, and he is playing in his hometown. He was born in New Orleans, so playing where his friends and family can watch him regularly should help him get adjusted to your team much faster than normal.

Welcome to yesterday. Titans offered him 1mill more per year and he chose to come home. So he left 5 mill on the table to play here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom