Keep an eye on the first round of cuts (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This is one to keep an eye there is a good chance a solid vet guard could be released to have a chance to land on another team.

Just because someone gets cut at this point doesn't mean he's not a good player teams can have a draft pick exceed expectations making a higher prices vet expendable thus making him available, and if some becomes available who is better than one of our current guards I hope Loomis brings him in.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be a couple of surprises, much like our release of Lewis and the Pats releasing their center.

Not to thread jack, but I'm really interested to see our cuts, especially on defense. As of right now I'm having a hard time cutting any of the guys outside of the dixons on the defense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A stunner: Former starting center Bryan Stork is being released by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> today, I&#39;m told. Crazy.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/768435266239561728">August 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is one to keep an eye there is a good chance a solid vet guard could be released to have a chance to land on another team.

Just because someone gets cut at this point doesn't mean he's not a good player teams can have a draft pick exceed expectations making a higher prices vet expendable thus making him available, and if some becomes available who is better than one of our current guards I hope Loomis brings him in.

Some teams will even do a veteran player a "solid" if they realize the player is not in their future plans and release them on the first cut down to give them a chance to catch on with another team. As personal as it may seem to vets released early, our own Keenan Lewis for example, it is better than hanging on to them until a week before the season and cutting them free.

I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but the Saints aren't planning on bringing anyone in to help the disaster on the offensive line.

They only way they'll bring someone in is if they are forced to do so because of an injury. Sad, I know..

I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but the Saints aren't planning on bringing anyone in to help the disaster on the offensive line.

They only way they'll bring someone in is if they are forced to do so because of an injury. Sad, I know..

You want me to go after Lelito's knee with a crowbar?

We are set at 4 of 5 positions with Peat reportedly settling at RG. LG is a question, but 4 of 5 starters is hardly a disaster.

BYW I don't know how to "Kerp an Eye", but it sounds awful.

Last edited:
Final cuts will have borderline starters and potential add ons for depth. Get your popcorn ready.

We could use an upgrade or 2 on our OL, but I don't think the sky is falling.

I think every Pro team could use at least 1 upgrade on their OL.

Ron Leary and Bryan Stork. Not a question of whether we should pull the trigger, but how it fits the budget.

At this point I don't see Leary happening no team is going to give up a 2nd round pick for him and Jerrah is too stubborn to take less even of it means losing him to free agency next year.

Stork will get picked up to start at center by someone I doubt he would want to move to guard but he would still be worth at last calling. The only issue I see is that he has missed several practices due to a concussion and this is his 4th head injury since he's been in the NFL.

At this point I don't see Leary happening no team is going to give up a 2nd round pick for him and Jerrah is too stubborn to take less even of it means losing him to free agency next year.

Stork will get picked up to start at center by someone I doubt he would want to move to guard but he would still be worth at last calling. He has missed several practices due to a concussion and this is his 4th head injury since he's been in the NFL.

He's been playing at guard during pats practices and played it in college, could be a good fit here. Our teams like each other quite a bit, who's to say it wasn't already in motion. Lets wait and see.

We are set at 4 of 5 positions with Peat reportedly settling at RG. LG is a question, but 4 of 5 starters is hardly a disaster.

BYW I don't know how to "Kerp an Eye", but is sound awful.

On paper we're set, but by judging their play, no one should really be comfortable with what we've seen so far.

We could use an upgrade or 2 on our OL, but I don't think the sky is falling.

I think every Pro team could use at least 1 upgrade on their OL.

You're right, we could use the upgrade, but I doubt the team will do it.

Remember how terrible the defensive line looked last preseason (especially the middle)? It was terribly obvious that we needed to do something, and we as fans were searching the wavier wire and first round of cuts to see if they would bring someone in.

Well, it didn't happen. We went into the season with what we had and we payed for it.

You want me to go after Lelito's knee with a crowbar?

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom