NFL Keep it real... (1 Viewer)

I don't think I'll be watching much NFL this year but I will be watching the Saints. I've separated them in my mind.
This is exactly what I've done. I'd already quit playing fantasy football because it was becoming more of a chore than fun. I'm wondering if I'm going to sign up for the pick 'em league that a few guys in our office participate in (it has 65 or so other players all around the country - $100 entry fee) again this year. Probably. I'll still be watching highlights on Mondays to see all the results from Sunday's games, just won't be watching any games live that don't have Payton and Brees on the field.

This is exactly what I've done. I'd already quit playing fantasy football because it was becoming more of a chore than fun. I'm wondering if I'm going to sign up for the pick 'em league that a few guys in our office participate in (it has 65 or so other players all around the country - $100 entry fee) again this year. Probably. I'll still be watching highlights on Mondays to see all the results from Sunday's games, just won't be watching any games live that don't have Payton and Brees on the field.

Yeah I'm done with fantasy too. I've been in a dynasty league since 1998 and I hate to walk away after all these years but it's time. I won the championship last year so I'm going out on top. You have to keep up with the NFL to succeed in fantasy but I have no desire to do that anymore.

Watching non Saints games just doesn't have the same appeal that it once had for me. This started before the Saints got hosed against the Rams. It's just a penalty fest now. Defenders can't tackle too hard or touch the QB. They can't touch WRs. Most games seem long and boring.

And the NFL doesn't seem to mean as much as it once did. It's becoming more and more like the NBA and MLB in that way to me. The NBA Finals and the World Series used to seem so important. It was a big deal nationally. You had heroes and villains and legends were made.

I just don't believe that it's completely not-legit. I think things happen that are not legit. But I think a good enough team can overcome all of it.
We were the best team on the field that day. You can't beat the refs though, and that is who beat us.

Man I lost interest in NFL, I even notice I barely come to saints report been a member for 10 years and would come daily, I would research the draft, this year I turn the draft on then playes video games in other room. Speaking of video games madden was on sale for $12 and I refuse to buy it. I loved the saints but despise the NFL. If it was another team I prolly let it go. But Goodell love fest for Los Angeles is so obvious. I didn't even argue with saints haters or rams fans cuz if you really wanted to argue the rams deserve to be there than you're dumber than a bag of bricks or enjoy wasting my time. I love the saints still and will watch the game but I feel it won't be the same feeling therea politics involved

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom