NFL Keep it real... (1 Viewer)

I’m really surprised by all the negative reactions to this thread. I guess this is exactly what Roger and the NFL was counting on... Saints fans eat a turd sandwich and then get ready for more. I can’t quit all together, but things are (and forever will be) different.
Thingd are different... for you. That doesn't mean that the entirety of the fan base is onboard with it, and it actually detracts somewhat from other fan's efforts to find hope in what could be a really great season ahead.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that your negativity spawned a less than enthusiastic reaction.

With all of the excitement and anticipation of the new season approaching... and the eagerness to see the new additions in the B&G... I want to make sure that I keep it real when I look to next season.

Fact is... This HAPPENED:

Not only did it happen, but it could have been corrected... and it was ignored instead. The NFL didn’t make the Saints lose that game, but they did make sure that the game didn’t end when it should have... and they did make sure the Rams had every opportunity late in the game to have it go their way.
The blatant personal foul (hands to the face of the QB) in overtime often gets overlooked, but that was just about as egregious as the PI no call.

The NFL is not on the up-and-up. It is entertainment above true sport. I can’t let myself forget that.. and I can’t let myself forget what happened and how it was (mis) handled.

I heard there was a very business like approach to the OTAs. One thing I know is everyone on this team knows they have what it takes to win a Super Bowl. But hat damn feeling that we'll get that far again, only to have it ripped away?

We can't give one unlucky play or bad call end our season again. We need to go total Golden State Warriors or the Lakers back in 2001 when they lost only one game all postseason to Allen Iverson. Just straight up dominate all season long.

We have the talent, coaching, experience, and motivation to do it. All we gotta do is stay as healthy as possible, and don't lose the edge to win.

I think the real problem is that over the Payton/Drew years we have grown accustomed to the feeling that no matter what this team can pull out the win no matter what at the end of the game. That’s because it was football players against football players.
This issue took the players out of the equation! This placed as much of an emotional blow to the team as the fans. This blow is what lowered the playing of the team in overtime for them to loose! In a game of high adrenaline, a blow like this was as much of a blow to them as us fans in the dome!

With all of the excitement and anticipation of the new season approaching... and the eagerness to see the new additions in the B&G... I want to make sure that I keep it real when I look to next season.

Fact is... This HAPPENED:

Not only did it happen, but it could have been corrected... and it was ignored instead. The NFL didn’t make the Saints lose that game, but they did make sure that the game didn’t end when it should have... and they did make sure the Rams had every opportunity late in the game to have it go their way.
The blatant personal foul (hands to the face of the QB) in overtime often gets overlooked, but that was just about as egregious as the PI no call.

The NFL is not on the up-and-up. It is entertainment above true sport. I can’t let myself forget that.. and I can’t let myself forget what happened and how it was (mis) handled.

Uhhhh.. What was the point of this post

Everyone on this forum knows what happened.

No offense but I dont think anyone needs a refresher. It will be stamped on our brains for years to come.

Regardless of that, this is a new year and a new oppurtunity. This roster is arguably the most talented roster in the league. We have as good of chance as any to reach our goal this coming season.

More importantly, we are all watching the tail end of Drew Brees's First Ballot Hall of Fame Career. We have been spoiled to world class QB play for the last 14 years. There will never be another Drew Brees playing QB in New Orleans much less the whole NFL for that matter. He truly is one of, if not, the best QB to ever put on a pair of cleats. We dont have much time left with him. This actually could be his last year in this league. So rather then sit around and Mope about how we were screwed last year in the playoffs. Let's just focus on this year and enjoy it. This year could be another special one.

Drew could finish his year and or career holding another Lombardi in Miami. In my opinion I think this team has the best shot to make that happen.

So heres to a Special 2019-2020 New Orleans Saints Season

Who Dat!

"LET IT GO" :dedhrse:we all know what happened and can't change the outcome. I refuse to be a crying fan like some teams :28-3: I'll rather move on to bigger and better results this season. If your eyes stay on the past you will not see your future. I hope the players and staff has moved on so they can concentrate on what need to be done to win the big trophy this season.

Uhhhh.. What was the point of this post

Everyone on this forum knows what happened.

No offense but I dont think anyone needs a refresher. It will be stamped on our brains for years to come.

Regardless of that, this is a new year and a new oppurtunity. This roster is arguably the most talented roster in the league. We have as good of chance as any to reach our goal this coming season.

More importantly, we are all watching the tail end of Drew Brees's First Ballot Hall of Fame Career. We have been spoiled to world class QB play for the last 14 years. There will never be another Drew Brees playing QB in New Orleans much less the whole NFL for that matter. He truly is one of, if not, the best QB to ever put on a pair of cleats. We dont have much time left with him. This actually could be his last year in this league. So rather then sit around and Mope about how we were screwed last year in the playoffs. Let's just focus on this year and enjoy it. This year could be another special one.

Drew could finish his year and or career holding another Lombardi in Miami. In my opinion I think this team has the best shot to make that happen.

So heres to a Special 2019-2020 New Orleans Saints Season

Who Dat!
Who Dat!!!!

I'm not over it. I've pushed it aside and gone on with life. But the Saints aren't really part of that right now other than the season ticket invoices that are due. I didn't pay much attention to the draft and couldn't name but one free agent we've picked up. Honestly, it sort of broke me as a fan and that's only becoming apparent to me as time goes on. I don't think it will ever be the same, even if we do go to the Super Bowl this year.

I’m really surprised by all the negative reactions to this thread. I guess this is exactly what Roger and the NFL was counting on... Saints fans eat a turd sandwich and then get ready for more. I can’t quit all together, but things are (and forever will be) different.

Surprised? Really?

There's nothing new here!

I've made my peace with it. It's a terrible thing that happened but onward and upward. I wallowed in it for a few weeks but I just can't stay in the zone of anger and frustration. I'd rather look ahead with optimism instead of looking back in anger.

The sting will always be there. Nobody is going to forget it. I expect that sting will become even worse when Drew retires and you realize that three of Drew's years with the Saints were basically wasted. You had the Bounty fiasco, the "Minneapolis Miracle" (also known as "What the hell was that?"), and then this latest and greatest debacle.

Oh well. Such is life. I don't think I'll be watching much NFL this year but I will be watching the Saints. I've separated them in my mind.

Injustice is all around us. Criminals get away with crimes. Innocent people are incarcerated or executed. Good people are flooded out of their homes. Children and their teachers are shot in their schools.

On the other hand, you have Mother Theresa, Elie Wiesel, and Steve Gleason. It kind of evens out, the good and the bad.

There's little to be gained by dwelling on an injustice like the NOLA no-call. That's my attitude. Others can react any way they want to. I have no right to impose my view on how they should feel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom