Keeping our horses healthy (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Getting Deuce back 100% next year might be a tough task.

Do you think that if we try to have Reggie carry it 20 times a game we'll break him?

IMO. If he continues to take big hits his career will be short and sweet.

I say line Reggie up everywhere. I'd like to see him take a few direct snaps from the gun.

He is definitely not suited to be the type of running back that Pierre is suited to be.

Don't get me wrong... I think Reggie can be a 14-17 TD per year player.

I just think, though, that if he continues to try to prove that he is a tough NFL full-time type of RB his body will get broken down. No knock on him, he is tough as nails. But being tough enough to take it isn't the same as being strong enough to take it.

Last edited:
who knows what reggie will be able to handle. he's built like westbrook and dunn, and they do just fine. i think we should make good use of thomas though. not because we need to limit reggie's touches, but because thomas is a very talented back.

who knows what reggie will be able to handle. he's built like westbrook and dunn, and they do just fine. i think we should make good use of thomas though. not because we need to limit reggie's touches, but because thomas is a very talented back.

2 years in and it's been ankle,ankle throw in an occassional concussion and torn ligaments in the knee already.

No, we won't break him. All RB's struggle with sore ankles from time to time. The ligament is a minor injury that is already fully healed.

I mean, I guess you could ask this same question of Adrian Peterson, but you can bet the Vikings aren't going to be afraid to work him. As long as he doesn't start having chronic knee problems in his 3rd year like Deuce did it shouldn't be a concern, not yet anyway.

No, we won't break him. All RB's struggle with sore ankles from time to time. The ligament is a minor injury that is already fully healed.

I mean, I guess you could ask this same question of Adrian Peterson, but you can bet the Vikings aren't going to be afraid to work him. As long as he doesn't start having chronic knee problems in his 3rd year like Deuce did it shouldn't be a concern, not yet anyway.

Adrian is bigger and stronger but even he CAN be broken.

I'm thinking that if Rggie gets used that way he breaks.

This isn't me wishing anything bad. On the contrary, I'd like to get the most out of him.

Using him as an every down 20-25 carries per game back doesn't seem to do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom