Keeping the Bills in Buffalo? GASP! (1 Viewer)

Toronto is a great sports town, but I hope they don't move the Bills. There are too many great fans up there to move the team. I'm a big hockey fan and it's funny to see how Canada is suddenly becoming a desirable location. In the 90s, teams were leaving because the exchange rate was so bad. Now that it's just about even, people are realizing that it's a country with passionate sports fans.

I agree with adding LA and Toronto as expansion teams. The NFL wants a team in LA, even if there isn't a whole lot of clamoring in the city for one. Hopefully it would help keep teams like the Bills (and Saints) from relocating.

If the Bills leave, this city will implode. The only things going for this place are 4 things:

1.) The Buffalo Sabres
2.) The Buffalo Bills
3.) The bars are open until 4am.
4.) The best food on earth (That's right, go to hell Willis McGahee. Moron.)

This place is in love with the Bills and if they went to Toronto, it would rip a very damaging hole in the city. The city is just starting to turn itself around and a move to Toronto would be crippling. Yeah, it's an hour and a half drive. But they would wind up playing in the Rodgers Centre (spelled correctly before any Canadians here yell at me), where there will be NO place to tailgate, which is not even a hobby here, it's a way of life. The Buffalo fans here would honestly just not go just to not support the Toronto Bills.

You had me until the bolded part....

It's no different than what the league has been pushing the Saints to start doing -expand their regional fanbase.

If the Bills can generate a significant fan base in Toronto, then the much needed luxury suites/corporate sponsorships/etc. can be generated to keep the Bills in the middle of the pack insofar as team revenues.

Spliting home games in two cities may be in store in the not so distant future for the Saints, too. If only for the shared/expaned revenue.

Just a theory, that's all... don't panic.

You had me until the bolded part....

I kinda knew I'd get nailed for that comment. I ment it more of a slight to McGahee. I can't help it, but the area has some of the best restaurants. Grant it, when I finally got to come down to N.O. last season for the Cardinals game, I had some amazing food.(First time eating gumbo was a life altering experience.:ezbill: ) I just feel that we have some amazing places to eat. I'm just not going to bother trying gumbo up here because it will probably suck like Chicken Wings suck anytime I get them when I go out of town.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that Buffalo has the greatest food on earth, but it's quite good. :9: I'd hate to see the Bills leave. I'm waiting for another Saints-Bills matchup in Buffalo. We had a great time in 2001.

just move them to L.A.

Move them to L.A. NFL has been *****in about putting a team in L.A. since Raiders & Rams left

put the Bills in a division w/ Raiders, San Diego, and Broncos

move Chiefs to AFC south division and move Colts back to AFC East

The Rams not in Los Angeles, the Colts not in Baltimore (to heck with the Ravens), the Oilers not in Houston, the Cardinals not in St. Louis, and possibly the Bills not in Buffalo is just wrong. If the Saints ever leave New Orleans, I will never watch pro football again.

Where do you think the Saints would actually do better than New Orleans if they stay based in the Gulf South?

A stadium in Mississippi... it's not that they will do better, but rather a way of expanding the fanbase by playing regular season games in a "closer" hometown, again, much like the Packers did for a while at the University of Wisconsin-Milwalkee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom