Keith Kirkwood back from IR after the bye? (1 Viewer)

waazup

Marques Colston's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Placed on IR with a hammy after week 2. He will be eligible to return after the bye (6 weeks post IR). Seems likely he will be activated seeing how we really don’t have anyone else we are saving our two IR return slots for.

I thought he had to be on IR 8 weeks before he could return to play in a game.

Maybe he’ll come back by late season but be realistic.

He’s flashed some potential but really hasn’t done a whole lot to hang very high hopes on as some major difference maker that will elevate tge whine offense...

Last edited:
Was he not IR'd before the season started? so he could come back after the bye...I hope that's the case and may be why we have not looked for help outside of the organization for help at the position because TQS and Kirkwood are still guys at #3 and #4 receiver spots.

I think you're correct. Can start practicing after 6 weeks but have to miss 8 weeks I think?

Last year they changed the return to active from eight weeks to eight "games" - but the practice period is still in weeks.

Kirkwood went on IR after the Saints second game. So he has to sit for six weeks before practicing - so that would mean he's no eligible to practice. But we have only played six games since week 2, so he still can't return to the 53 until after the Bucs game in two weeks.

Keep in mind that you also have to activate the player within 21 days from his return to practice.

Maybe he’ll come back by late season but be realistic.

He’s flashed some potential but really hasn’t done a whole lot to hang very high hopes on as some major difference maker that will elevate tge whine offense...

You clearly forgot my position that he would be an impact player at some point this season....I forgive you though :)

Seriously though I think it would be great if he could come back, if for nothing more than depth....I do have higher hopes for him than most....

Last year they changed the return to active from eight weeks to eight "games" - but the practice period is still in weeks.

Kirkwood went on IR after the Saints second game. So he has to sit for six weeks before practicing - so that would mean he's no eligible to practice. But we have only played six games since week 2, so he still can't return to the 53 until after the Bucs game in two weeks.

Keep in mind that you also have to activate the player within 21 days from his return to practice.
Thanks, Counselor.

Glad we got Taquan back. We were pretty thin at WR.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom