Keith Kirkwood (1 Viewer)

I think he has been healthy for about two weeks total this season, got hurt the first week of camp missed all of preseason then played week one and hurt himself pregame week two. I’d like to be wrong about him but I won’t be expecting much until he can prove he can stay on the field.
Yeah the season is effectively over for Kirkwood and Hogan has already established himself as an effective blocker. That will keep you on the active roster, just ask Josh Hill.

I think he has been healthy for about two weeks total this season, got hurt the first week of camp missed all of preseason then played week one and hurt himself pregame week two. I’d like to be wrong about him but I won’t be expecting much until he can prove he can stay on the field.
Which makes one have to turn and look at Lil Jordan Humphreys, who has shown he is a beast, if only in preseason...and one has to wonder....why is this healthy, durable, huge,
physical wide receiver riding the pine? Perhaps we do not like YAC....

I think he has to be placed to the active roster today or moved back to IR.

I think he has to be placed to the active roster today or moved back to IR.

I think he has until 4pm tomorrow to go to the 53.

I think he was designated on 11/13 and there’s a 21-day window. But if it was actually 11/12 and not the 13th (when it was announced) then it would be today.

Because he routinely lined up in the wrong spot when given a chance to play earlier this season (Bridgewater had to stop the snap count on multiple occasions because LJH lined up wrong).

Which makes one have to turn and look at Lil Jordan Humphreys, who has shown he is a beast, if only in preseason...and one has to wonder....why is this healthy, durable, huge,
physical wide receiver riding the pine? Perhaps we do not like YAC....

Yeah the season is effectively over for Kirkwood and Hogan has already established himself as an effective blocker. That will keep you on the active roster, just ask Josh Hill.
I don't think it is too late for Kirkwood.

It is worth noting he wasn't activated from the PS until game 9 last season and he was immediately put in the rotation catching 5 combined passes in his first 2 games and then TDs in games 3 and 4 (his only catches in those games). I'd take that in our next 4 games.

Hogan has yet to be targeted.

Kirkwood knows the offense. He's a big slot who can work the seam and the intermediate crossing routes. Drew proved last season he trusts Kirkwood. And with a years worth of experience, including some playoff exposure (assuming he's now 100% healthy) it is fair to think Kirkwood would be improved from 2018.

I hope he's healthy. He could definitely give us more production in the passing game than we're getting from Hogan or Arnold.

Sidenote: I'm all for giving Hogan a chance, he's a big athlete at WR and he appears to be a worker, but he's getting love on this board for being a good blocker to the extent we are questioning should he keep his roster spot over Kirky (had to do it).
Brandon Coleman was hated on SSF, and he was an excellent blocker, who also managed to average 26 rec, 366 yards and 2.5 TD in 3 seasons.
But he came in with the expectations of being the next Colston.
When he didn't live up to it, he was always going to be a disappointment to Saints fans.
I fear the same may happen to Emmanuel Butler if he ever makes it on to the field.

He is going to be the next Jerry Rice, along with Emanuel Butler! We are turning both loose this weekend. ?
I know this is obviously a joke but it is odd to me that the Saints haven't wanted to give Butler a shot at the regular season. The plays he was making during training camp were impressive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom