Keith Rivers Highlight Video... (1 Viewer)

TideSaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
I usually don't take much stock of a highlight video, but there is one play in this montage that is pretty amazing. I believe it is the 3rd play shown, where he is blitzing and gets totally upended by the offensive lineman. What is astounding is that he gets right back up to make the sack. You have to see this.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/video.asp?section=football&pkey=36502

It's the NFL Draft Highlights video, top left.

Im not going to cry if we draft him. I wouldnt take him #10 but it is not too big of a reach in my mind.

He is without question an athlete, but doesn't dominate the game all the time on the college level and he should have.

Dan Conner is not an athlete , just football player that did dominate on the college level.

I think Conner is the better value. pick him late in 1st or early in 2nd and he will be a great football player.

pick Rivers early and you may be disappointed to setting a franchise back for 5 years. with the kind of money you will have to give him, and even if he isn't good , pay him and play him .

I hope to trade out of #10 with philly and get lito and their first, then we for sure have a player for the pick and maybe we draft one too.

He is without question an athlete, but doesn't dominate the game all the time on the college level and he should have.

Dan Conner is not an athlete , just football player that did dominate on the college level.

I think Conner is the better value. pick him late in 1st or early in 2nd and he will be a great football player.

pick Rivers early and you may be disappointed to setting a franchise back for 5 years. with the kind of money you will have to give him, and even if he isn't good , pay him and play him .

I hope to trade out of #10 with philly and get lito and their first, then we for sure have a player for the pick and maybe we draft one too.

Can you name one player, other than Sean Lee, on Penn State's defense? Dan Connor may have dominated for Penn State, but he did it out of necessity. Rivers didn't have to be everywhere all the time because his teammates were good too. Connor also plays in the Big 11, which still has a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" mentality, so his tackle numbers are going to reflect that. Rivers on the other hand, plays in the pass happy Pac-10, and his numbers reflect that. There are a ton of factors that go in to determining a players production. Don't just look at the numbers and compare them.

By the way, we were playing in the NFC Championship game less than 5 years after we took Sullivan, so I wouldn't say it set us back too far.:hihi:

If you believe the latest draft experts, Conner is now a 2nd rounder. Lofton's stock has dropped in Kiper's opinion, with Mayo going in the 1st round now. I think the usual suspects are getting shifted around and people we thought were going high aren't anymore and some people we saw as 2nd rounders could be mid 1st's now. Mayock and McShay have Conner out of the 1st round now also.

So is DRC...

It seems you have this hatred in your heart for the guy... did he do take your ole lady or somethin'? I'm just curious...

Me personally I'm gonna wait and see what the FO does in the draft... I'm tired of all the mocks, and evals... I/we have no control over this stuff so I'm just gonna play the wait and see game.

It seems you have this hatred in your heart for the guy... did he do take your ole lady or somethin'? I'm just curious...

Me personally I'm gonna wait and see what the FO does in the draft... I'm tired of all the mocks, and evals... I/we have no control over this stuff so I'm just gonna play the wait and see game.

I think he made a good point. Why does DRC get the benefit of excuse after excuse on why he didn't produce more in an inferior league compared to Rivers in an elite conference?

Another question, all year you hear people talk about how rediculous it is when teams draft players who no one has ever heard of during any football season and those same players all of the sudden are household names during the combine. Yet, now, the player the majority of the board wants if neither DT is there is a player I would include on the list of All Hype.

seems interesting to me.......:idunno:

I don't get why people keep saying DRC didn't dominate at his level, because he did. I don't think 5 plays is going to make me like Rivers over DRC, but I wouldn't jump off a bridge if we got him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom