Keith Rivers Highlight Video... (1 Viewer)

i would rather DRC at 10 but i dont think ive ever said rivers would be a horrible pick

that could have been a Danny Clark highlight film? just saying.

That had to be the first time you've ever seen Rivers play if you are comparing him to Clark.:1zhelp: The two players are nothing alike.

That had to be the first time you've ever seen Rivers play if you are comparing him to Clark.:1zhelp: The two players are nothing alike.

Thats not what he meant. He meant you can't tell anything from a 5 play highlight film.

Thats not what he meant. He meant you can't tell anything from a 5 play highlight film.

What I could tell from that video is that he's physical at the point of attack, he can get sideline to sideline, he's a big hitter, and he can cover. That video might not be showing him making 250 tackles a year, but you can at least get a feel for how he plays his position. But even with that video showing the exact type of play we expect from the linebackers that's currently on our team. Rivers will still get knocked by most on this board for not recording 200 tackles last season or the year before. So in their opinion, he's not worthy of being a top 10 pick.

What I could tell from that video is that he's physical at the point of attack, he can get sideline to sideline, he's a big hitter, and he can cover. That video might not be showing him making 250 tackles a year, but you can at least get a feel for how he plays his position. But even with that video showing the exact type of play we expect from the linebackers that's currently on our team. Rivers will still get knocked by most on this board for not recording 200 tackles last season or the year before. So in their opinion, he's not worthy of being a top 10 pick.

He barely had 200 tackles over his career, much less one season. If the team deems him an athlete worthy of the number 10 pick then I'll be happy with him. But 70 tackles, no sacks, and no picks his senior year is not much to go on. I'm waiting for his proday since he didn't do anything at the combine.

It seems you have this hatred in your heart for the guy... did he do take your ole lady or somethin'? I'm just curious...

Me personally I'm gonna wait and see what the FO does in the draft... I'm tired of all the mocks, and evals... I/we have no control over this stuff so I'm just gonna play the wait and see game.

I have nothing personal against DRC, I just think he is being way overhyped, especially on this board. Our front seven, if we improve it enough, could make the entire secondary look great. Why spend a pick on a guy who probably won't play next season. We need to win now,

What if it was a 5 play highlight video, but with each play from 3 different angles??? than it would appear it is a 15 play video.

Nice tape but nothing spectacular...seems to have a nice motor and be a good athlete, but that doesn't necessarily equal success

I think he made a good point. Why does DRC get the benefit of excuse after excuse on why he didn't produce more in an inferior league compared to Rivers in an elite conference?

I think this may be the first time I have seen a post of yours that I do not agree with.

It isn't even remotely true that DRC did not dominate his level. I dont quite understand where this line of thinking has come from. The guy only got thrown at 161 times in about 40 games which is an accomplishment in itself. Only 55 of those passes were completed. 1 out of every 14 of those passes was intercepted. He gave up an average of about 1.4 passes per game. And on top of all this, his yards per pass average is 3.5 which is tops for ANY starting defensive back at every college level over the last three seasons.

How much more dominant can a corner be?

I think this may be the first time I have seen a post of yours that I do not agree with.

It isn't even remotely true that DRC did not dominate his level. I dont quite understand where this line of thinking has come from. The guy only got thrown at 161 times in about 40 games which is an accomplishment in itself. Only 55 of those passes were completed. 1 out of every 14 of those passes was intercepted. He gave up an average of about 1.4 passes per game. And on top of all this, his yards per pass average is 3.5 which is tops for ANY starting defensive back at every college level over the last three seasons.

How much more dominant can a corner be?

He wasn't covering NFL caliber players week in and week out either. And before you bring up the Senior Bowl, the top wideouts in this upcoming draft are all juniors, so the argument that he dominated the Senior Bowl is worthless. I guarantee you he wasn't on the field with more than 5 players who will make a NFL teams roster his entire career. Keith Rivers PRACTICED with more than that every day for 4 years, let alone playing in games against NFL bound players. There is your difference.

You can say the same thing about all the small school prospect that was successful in the NFL...

He wasn't covering NFL caliber players week in and week out either. And before you bring up the Senior Bowl, the top wideouts in this upcoming draft are all juniors, so the argument that he dominated the Senior Bowl is worthless. I guarantee you he wasn't on the field with more than 5 players who will make a NFL teams roster his entire career. Keith Rivers PRACTICED with more than that every day for 4 years, let alone playing in games against NFL bound players. There is your difference.

You DRC haters absolutely kill me. First you knock the man because he didnt dominate lower competition. Then when proven wrong its "he didnt do it against great competition so it doesn't matter."

To dismiss the Senior Bowl and combine performance is silly.

I am a huge USC fan, and i would love to have Rivers on our team. Realistically i know that most of the players from USC are examples of players that shined in one of the best defenses in the country. If you look at the video really good alot of the time Ellis was taking on 2 lineman while Rivers come in for the kill, and vise verser. I was looking at some Ellis highlights and the same thing was happening. Rivers would come in on a blitz, he would get picked up by a rb or double teamed by ol and ellis would be turned free and unleash some fury.

Dont get me wrong i would give anything to have one of them on the Saints, but its hard to tell just by highlights, combine numbers and a gut feeling. You never know how someone will rise or fall when they get playing time in real games in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom