Keith Rivers OLB USC could this be the pick? (1 Viewer)

OldKennerfan

Reaction score
Good in coverage has a non stop motor should never be off the field. However has trouble taking on and sheding blockers. Another thing said about him is he goes for the knockout instead of wraping up and making the play.

I know there are few closet USC fans on here so tell me what you think of this guy. He wore the number (55) can he walk the walk of a Seau or McGinest

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
He is a beast. He could play MLB also (although both positions need upgrading equally IMO, so if he plays OLB and we get someone else for the Mike, whatever).

Conrad

Reaction score
He would be a great addition at 10.

We should draft either him or Ellis.

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Good in coverage has a non stop motor should never be off the field. However has trouble taking on and sheding blockers. Another thing said about him is he goes for the knockout instead of wraping up and making the play.

I know there are few closet USC fans on here so tell me what you think of this guy. He wore the number (55) can he walk the walk of a Seau or McGinest
Closet? Pfft, I'm a loud and proud Trojan backer. :D The number thing, yeah, Markus Steele and Chris Claiborne also wore 55; look how that turned out. :( Rivers is the real deal; if no Ellis then he or Phillips would get my vote. I'd consider him just a notch below Derrick Johnson.

brees#9

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
would love to get rivers at # 10. if not him ellis or phillips would be great. all three will be impact players!

kevison

No talent ***-clown
Reaction score
I would take Ellis, Rivers, Phillips, or any other top-notch defensive player, even though I hate USC and "The U." I am a proud Tiger fan; but I don't care where they went to college--once we pick them, they are Saints.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm starting to like the idea of taking Rivers at 10... I'd like to get Phillips at 10, but I like the idea of having a guy like Rivers in the center of our defense for years to come...

OP

OldKennerfan

Reaction score
So most of his weakness can be fixed with some coaching and I see most of you are high on this guy thanks fo all info.

DrudkhFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think either Rivers or Phillips would a great impact player on out defence at pick 10 for a long time

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm starting to like the idea of taking Rivers at 10... I'd like to get Phillips at 10, but I like the idea of having a guy like Rivers in the center of our defense for years to come...
I agree 110%. I was a little weary of the thought of taking Rivers at 10 until I saw him at the senior bowl. He is big (looks like a MLB) and has the frame to get even bigger. We should stay right where we are at #10 because someone like Rivers is going to fall into our lap.

jimmac

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Anything is better than what Simoneau provides. Go back and watch the first offensive series Seattle had against us. Sean Alexander had like a 12-15 yard run on the first or second play. The ball started on the right hash and the right guard engaged Simoneau on that side and pushed him left and out of bounds totally engaged the entire time 15 yards down the field and the play went right where he should have been. Rivers may not be a true MLB, but I like him a lot. We need someone that can get in the backfield and make plays. you saw a 38 year old Seau doing this Sunday against the Chargers.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Connors small? 6'2 233 is small? The only thing stopping Connors from being an elite prospect is his lack of speed. He is a physical linebacker.

The reason why we have to take Rivers if he is the BPA is because our linebackers can't cover well. Rivers is a beast in coverage and has amazing sidelines to sidelines speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)