Keith Rivers OLB USC could this be the pick? (2 Viewers)

Connors small? 6'2 233 is small? The only thing stopping Connors from being an elite prospect is his lack of speed. He is a physical linebacker.

The reason why we have to take Rivers if he is the BPA is because our linebackers can't cover well. Rivers is a beast in coverage and has amazing sidelines to sidelines speed.

I have been watching the senior bowl praticies and riverslooks really good!!! This guy would be a steal for us at #10. Ellis is a beast I wish he would fall to 10 but probally not...

On ESPN last night they had mel kiper jr first ten draft picks team by team... Rivers was not in that top ten... Mel had us picking DT Balmer from NC State... O yea in that top 10 there was 3 DT. Dorsey at 1, Ellis at 9, and Balmer at 10 to us... I dont think mel has been keeping up with things this year cause RIVERS IS A BEAST AND HE SHOULD BE OUR PICK...

Trade down and draft Conner around 15-20.

IMO, that's still too high for Connor. If you don't take Ellis or Dorsey, you take Rivers and, maybe, next Phillips. I would not take Connor unless I am pick toward the lower end of the first round.

I have been watching the senior bowl praticies and riverslooks really good!!! This guy would be a steal for us at #10. Ellis is a beast I wish he would fall to 10 but probally not...

We pick 10#....we are gonna get one of the two (Rivers or Ellie) think about it? guys like McFadden, Dorsey, Brohm, D.Jackson, JLong, BC qb, all are potential top 10 picks, somebody is gonna slide to us and I dont think Rivers is gonna go in the top 9.

Watching Rivers at USC, he is NOT what you want at MLB. I haven't seen the practices, but in the Pac-10, he was a guy who was much better in space. Great speed, but doesn't want to bang with offensive linemen. He, IMO, has no chance of being the Saints selection. The Saints had no real issue against the run and therefore, I can't see the Saints, after shelling out for Shanle last year, replacing him.

Rivers, IMO, has always struck me as a combiner and practice player who looks good in shorts. He won't be a bust, but even at USC, he wasn't much of a playmaker.

Watching Rivers at USC, he is NOT what you want at MLB. I haven't seen the practices, but in the Pac-10, he was a guy who was much better in space. Great speed, but doesn't want to bang with offensive linemen. He, IMO, has no chance of being the Saints selection. The Saints had no real issue against the run and therefore, I can't see the Saints, after shelling out for Shanle last year, replacing him.

Rivers, IMO, has always struck me as a combiner and practice player who looks good in shorts. He won't be a bust, but even at USC, he wasn't much of a playmaker.

I like Rivers a lot, but I agree that I have my concerns about the guy.

You are right if you look at his stats from USC their are very few big plays, which is worrisome from a player that is physcially more impressive than everyone. Also he is not all that physical, which is fine at MLB in the NFL if you have the big boys in front of you something the Saints lack.

Rivers IMO would be a solid but unspectacular pick at 10.

Here's some tidbits from articles on the homepage with Rivers...

"Keith Rivers (6-2, 236) is an active, athletic linebacker who can play outside or inside. He might be the kind of disruptive presence the Saints need on defense, if he can prove himself worthy. Plus, he said he's friends with Saints tailback Reggie Bush and center Jeff Faine."

"-- RIVERS HOPES VERSATILITY HELPS: One of the players Payton was probably eyeing Tuesday morning was USC linebacker Keith Rivers. The Orlando, Fla., product recorded 240 tackles during his career, the last three years at weak outside linebacker. On Tuesday, Rivers predominantly played middle linebacker in the Raiders' 4-3 scheme. On Monday, he started off at strong outside linebacker before moving to the weak side."

"I'm used to playing the (weak side), but I think I can play it all," Rivers said. "I just need some time to pick it up. I'm sure it helps if I can be versatile and play all three."

I'm really warming up to Rivers, I think he will be a solid player.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom