Keith Rivers=Robert Meachem (1 Viewer)

No way! According to wikipedia their both the same height 6'2, but keith rivers weighs thirty more pounds than Robert Meachum. Add to that the fact that keith rivers played for usc and is stronger (but not as fast) as robert meachum. they're both very atheltic, i'll give you that!!!

:smilielol:

Now regarding the actual thread - Meachum didn't sit out the year because of our 'pretty good group' (your words, not mine) of receivers. He sat out because he wasn't ready to play. There is a significant difference. Regarding your point about our strength in depth at OLB, I'm afraid I just don't agree. Shanle and Simoneau aren't good enough, in my opinion, to hold out Rivers assuming he shows up to camp in good shape and picks up the system reasonably. So basically, if he did turn out to be a 'Meachum' it'd be because he hadn't shown up ready to play, not because our OLBs are a pretty good (or even average) group at this stage.

Other than DT, what postion would start this season on defense, assuming all of our LBers are healthy?

I want to draft Sedrick Ellis badly, he could make a huge and immediate impact his rookie season and would be the best complement to our best defensive player (Vilma).. i believe you win football games at the line of scrimmage

If all our LB's remain healthy I think Rivers would see a lot of playing time on Special Teams. He's a young, fast, athletic player who can hit.

I don't know if Rivers not playing would necessarily be his fault if Morgan comes in healthy. But that brings you to the question of whether we need our first rounder to contribute right away, and I say it's an emphatic yes whether the player starts or plays in situations, we need someone to make a difference. That is why if we don't get a DT, we need to go corner because a corner with decent skills will be able to crack our lineup or even return kicks (like Deuce did his first year). We need someone to make some noise.

If both Vilma and Morgan didn't have an injury history (granted we wouldn't have gotten them for what we did if they didn't) I would not be happy if we drafted Rivers. However what are the chances that we finish the year with Fujita/Vilma/Morgan all in the lineup for 16 games?

I think the odds of us winning the Super Bowl would be better!!!

I want to draft Sedrick Ellis badly, he could make a huge and immediate impact his rookie season and would be the best complement to our best defensive player (Vilma).. i believe you win football games at the line of scrimmage

he CAN have an impact if he gets playing time.... just why i think he is just more talented than both of our guys , but not why he is a DT . oh and talent isn´t production , but having a big body or another pair of fresh legs in the mix is always good for a team without passrush

Did I miss the free marijuana giveaway this afternoon? First off, our "pretty good group of wide receivers" is not very good. Other than Colston, no other receiver, including Patten, would be a starter on any other team in the league. Linebacker is the easiest position, other than running back, for a rookie to make an immediate impact. Even though I do like the Morgan signing Rivers is a better athlete, faster, and not one hit away from being Trent Green. Rivers and Gholston will battle it out for Defensive Rookie of the Year next season.

All i am saying is that if we draft a player with the 10 pick in the draft, he shoud make an immediate impact

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom