Keith Rivers=Robert Meachem (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I really like Keith Rivers and wouldnt mind a bit if we drafted him but i just got this bad feeling he is going to turn out the same way Meachem did last year..Im talking about never seeing in on the field....When we drafted Meachem last year i thought to myself, when is he going to get any playing time because we have a pretty good group of wide receivers especially since we brought in David Patten...Now i am thinking the same thing about Rivers because we brought in two quality linebackers via free agency. I know there are serious health concerns with Dan Morgan and minor concerns with Vilma but if they stay healthy throughout the season and playoffs :hihi: ....i don't really see Rivers getting much playing time either because we already have two very experienced back up linebackers in Shanle and Simoneau...that just seems like another first round pick wasted to me.

No way! According to wikipedia their both the same height 6'2, but keith rivers weighs thirty more pounds than Robert Meachum. Add to that the fact that keith rivers played for usc and is stronger (but not as fast) as robert meachum. they're both very atheltic, i'll give you that!!!

No way! According to wikipedia their both the same height 6'2, but keith rivers weighs thirty more pounds than Robert Meachum. Add to that the fact that keith rivers played for usc and is stronger (but not as fast) as robert meachum. they're both very atheltic, i'll give you that!!!

I think you missed the point.

If we take him and he doesnt see the field, that would be a good thing right? That would mean that Morgan would be healthy this year.

But I agree, There's no way that the staff will play Rivers over Simoneau.

You may be right OP, but I was really thinking just the opposite. I would be surprised if both Morgan and Vilma were healthy at the start and throughout. IDK if he could immediately pass the other veterans though.

More specifically, I thought he would stand a better chance of starting than a CB.

uh.... what??

whiff.jpg

I really am thinking the same thing. However, thats a big "what if" considering the injury history of both Vilma and especially Morgan.

If both Vilma and Morgan didn't have an injury history (granted we wouldn't have gotten them for what we did if they didn't) I would not be happy if we drafted Rivers. However what are the chances that we finish the year with Fujita/Vilma/Morgan all in the lineup for 16 games?

I think we should take BPA and not worry about how much playing time they see in there rookie season.

If we take an outstanding corner he is not likely to see the field much in his rookie season as well.

Are you aware that....
Nnamdi Asomugha started only 1 game in his rookie year
Nate Clemenst started 11
Antonio Cromartie started 0 in his rookie season
DeAngelo Hall started 9
Leon Hall started 10 and thats for the Bengals
Quentin Jammer started 4
Carlos Rodgers started 5
Asante Samuel started 1
Lito Sheppard started 0

Even a good corner is unlikely to be good in his rookie year. Its a tough position to learn at the NFL Level.

Excluding a DT --- I think Rivers would have the best chance of seeing substantial playing time.

I completely agree.....Rivers/Mayo are the two that could see significant time this year at Lber as rookies. The only CB's thta would be able to make an instant impact are the ones that can PR.

st lupus, you left out the fact that one plays offense and the other plays defense, otherwise, I like the comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom