Keith Rivers to have private workout with Saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers has a private workout scheduled with the New Orleans Saints......

Only if we trade down................otherwise please God don't waste a 10 pick on this player.

Not worth a # 10 position pick, very much so worth bringing in for a looksy to see where we <b>SHOULD</b> Draft him at if the workout looks good.

What would you say if he runs in the 4.4-4.5 range at his Pro Day AND looks outstanding in position drills? The guy put up more bench reps at the combine that Dan Connor did at his Pro Day so I would imagine he will increase that on the 2nd. My gut tells me he is going to blow everybody away at his workout.

Not worth a # 10 position pick, very much so worth bringing in for a looksy to see where we SHOULD Draft him at if the workout looks good.

Only if we trade down................otherwise please God don't waste a 10 pick on this player.

How is Rivers not worth the 10th pick? He is rated in the 7 - 12 best player in the draft by many in the draft industry.

Draft Countdown

ConDraft

NFL Draft Dog - 10

NFL Draft Scout

Most mock drafts have him going no later than the 12th pick.

I'd bet we take Rivers if he is available. I doubt he makes it to us though...

The only problem with Rivers is playing time. If everything works out, Fujita-Vilma-Morgan would be our starters and Rivers would have to fight to get playing time. I know Morgan is a long shot, but he did have almost two years off. It would a better pick if we fill a need if somebody is around with the same talent. The top 2 LBs went back to school, which sucks for us.

The only problem with Rivers is playing time. If everything works out, Fujita-Vilma-Morgan would be our starters and Rivers would have to fight to get playing time. I know Morgan is a long shot, but he did have almost two years off. It would a better pick if we fill a need if somebody is around with the same talent. The top 2 LBs went back to school, which sucks for us.

Morgan is only a stop gap measure with MAYBE the possibility of working out for a few years. Rivers is noted as being able to play inside or outside and I think it's a pretty good bet that he will see considerable playing time in his first year if we draft him.

How is Rivers not worth the 10th pick? He is rated in the 7 - 12 best player in the draft by many in the draft industry.

Draft Countdown

ConDraft

NFL Draft Dog - 10

NFL Draft Scout

Most mock drafts have him going no later than the 12th pick.

I'd bet we take Rivers if he is available. I doubt he makes it to us though...

I saw all I needed to see on the first link where the have Ali Highsmith ranked before Shawn Crable. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom