Keith Rivers to have private workout with Saints (1 Viewer)

I saw all I needed to see on the first link where the have Ali Highsmith ranked before Shawn Crable. :covri:

Unless you are a Michigan fan, you shouldn't have a problem with that ranking. I have seen it written in a few analysts statements that Crable is one player in this draft who is on a "bust watch." I guess because Highsmith ran a slower than expected 40 time his play on the field should be forgotten?:idunno: And I'm an Alabama fan so you can't throw that homerism crap back at me.

We can argue all month till draft day and everyone has an opinion. I think to take Rivers at #10 isn't the worst thing that ever happened nor would anyone in the world laugh us under the table. With that said, we football minds (lol) know that the draft will have several good lbers available in the 2nd rd, but there aren't many good cb's, so pick your poison. If it were me and I couldn't work a trade to move up for Dorsey or Ellis I would have to add a corner that could play for years. We have added 2 lbers in FA and have decent backups, but corner is hurting.

I hope we see some superlatives from that workout. I still think it's feasible that we could trade down to the mid-to-late-teens to get a guy like him or one of the top 3 CB's AND an extra middle-round pick.

Much like all of the expert's analyses, my opinion has changed as to who WOULD be a value at #10 (assuming that Long, Dorsey and Big Sed or already off the board at #10) I've gone from DRC, Connors and Rivers (now all believed by me to be better values in the middle to late teens) to thinking that Gholston or Clady would be players that would be worthy of #10 and would compell me to resist the urge to trade down if it were my decision to make-- which it isn't. It's fun to speculate all the same though.

Last edited:
Unless you are a Michigan fan, you shouldn't have a problem with that ranking. I have seen it written in a few analysts statements that Crable is one player in this draft who is on a "bust watch." I guess because Highsmith ran a slower than expected 40 time his play on the field should be forgotten?:idunno: And I'm an Alabama fan so you can't throw that homerism crap back at me.

I absolutely HATE Michigan. However, everything I've seen and read about Crable is solid.
Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 08/12/07: #7 OLB, #67/750 Overall, Projected: 2-3
2007: Despite ranking second in the nation with a school season-record 28.5 stops for losses of 85 yards (fourth-best season total in league history), he was only named a second-team All-Big Ten Conference pick by the league's coaches and media…Started twelve games at strong-side outside linebacker, coming off the bench vs. Penn State (team opened with five defensive backs), as he ranked second on the squad with a career-high 90 tackles (55 solos) and 7.5 sacks for minus 38 yards…Added four quarterback pressures with four forced fumbles, a pass deflection and a fumble recovery…
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10055

By the way, they have Crable as the #7 OLB and Ali as the number 14 out of the LB in this draft.

Much like all of the experts analyses, my opinion has changed as to who WOULD be a value at #10 (assuming that Long, Dorsey and Big Sed or already off the board at #10) I've gone from DRC, Connors and Rivers (now all believed by me to be better values in the middle to late teens) to thinking that Gholston or Clady would be players that would be worthy of #10 and would compell me to resist the urge to trade down if it were my decision to make-- which it isn't. It's fun to speculate all the same though.[/QUOTE]

Gholston and Clady are top 5 picks! The Saints would be in great shape!

LOL I think it's hilarious some of you have said he isnt worth taking at 10. Have you seen him play? Have you read or listened to any of the draft breakdowns?? This guy is a top 10-12 pick in the draft, so HOW would he not be worth taking at 10??? HILARIOUS

LOL I think it's hilarious some of you have said he isnt worth taking at 10. Have you seen him play? Have you read or listened to any of the draft breakdowns?? This guy is a top 10-12 pick in the draft, so HOW would he not be worth taking at 10??? HILARIOUS

to respond: Hilarious--- that's a stretch. To have an opinion that he's a few notches down from #10 is different than saying he's gonna be a bust.

Yes I've seen him play.

The draft breakdowns have been about as static as vinegar and baking soda. They are all over the place and some regard them as fairly useless. There's as much misinformation as there is information.

top 10 to 12 pick is a projection not a prophecy. It's not a fact. It's not even commonly accepted.

How could he NOT be worthy? The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As strong as you feel there are others who feel just as strongly in the opposing view. What's funny (nothing hilarious to me about anything in this entire subject) to me is how many folks think their opinion is fact.

We can argue all month till draft day and everyone has an opinion. I think to take Rivers at #10 isn't the worst thing that ever happened nor would anyone in the world laugh us under the table. With that said, we football minds (lol) know that the draft will have several good lbers available in the 2nd rd, but there aren't many good cb's, so pick your poison. If it were me and I couldn't work a trade to move up for Dorsey or Ellis I would have to add a corner that could play for years. We have added 2 lbers in FA and have decent backups, but corner is hurting.

Yeh, but what about the strong possibility that a drafted corner won't start for us this year. This team doesn't have forever to win a championship and I think taking Rivers would help us reach that goal this year. Now, if you're for this being a rebuilding-of-our-defense year, then corner it should be.

The only problem with Rivers is playing time. If everything works out, Fujita-Vilma-Morgan would be our starters and Rivers would have to fight to get playing time. I know Morgan is a long shot, but he did have almost two years off. It would a better pick if we fill a need if somebody is around with the same talent. The top 2 LBs went back to school, which sucks for us.

Even if Morgan works out for us, he is only signed for one year. There is nothing wrong with Rivers learning from a great Lber like Morgan and then taking over for him next year. It's not like we won't get anything out of of Rivers this year if Morgan does stay healthy....Rivers will definately have packages with him in it and he would be great in Goalline situations and would help immensely on special teams.

He would get as much playing time as any CB we draft and probably more considering Morgans health issues. A LBer who can play multiple positions well is very, very valuable to a defense.

i think we should definitely draft rivers. there is no guarentee that either vilma or morgan can make the whole season. if they do stay healthy, which i REALLY beleive they will, then rivers can be a fill in for morgan to get some rest. maybe morgan can be more of a situational guy. we already have some depth at dt/de but none at lb. i dont want to see simeneaux or shanle back on the feild. we really need more lb depth

Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers has a private workout scheduled with the New Orleans Saints......

can he play DT, CB, or Safety?? :)

nah Rivers wouldn't suprise me if we picked him at 10, though i'd rather trade back and recoup our 4th before picking him..i've seen him play and he was the 3rd best LB'r on that team...... JMO! but the other two had better stat's and seemed to play better..... not saying that he wouldn't have been the H.N.I.C. if he had played anywhere other than Southern Cal. but i see both sides of the arguement here....

on one side, he is an athletic beast, on the other, why aren't his numbers there to prove it!!! i know he was one of many STAR's at USC and it's hard to get great numbers playing with other great players, but the other two seemed to have great numbers, so that's a false arguement as well.... Rivers at 10 wouldn't be horrible but there are definately 2 or 3 other players and trades that i would rather look at.

I wouldn't mind them picking up Rivers at #10. Who would you pick if DE Long, Ellis, Gholston and Rivers were available at #10? (Never happen but 2 of them might be there)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom