Keith Rivers (1 Viewer)

Witchdoctor504

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
6-foot-3
225 pounds

Big and physical. He could be exactly what we need for this defense. Its time to adress the glaring needs. I think this is one of the biggest. He could be a AJ Hawk type of player. I just hope he is still on the board when its our turn to draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYE-hXNN-c

led USC in tackles in 2006

I don't know if he is the best choice for us at 10, we will have to see how he does in the combine, but right now Phillips looks like the best choice to me, but I wouldn't mind having Rivers either.

Check out some footage of him playing football. Youtube will help. The combine is not a way to measure a player, IMO.

He is a little undersized but he may show up to the combine at 240lbs. and then it is not as big of an issue.

I like Rivers and he would be a nice addition to the Saints but I am hesitant about taking him at 10 because he is not A.J Hawk.

A highlight tape could make any player look good... You could have made a 50 sec. clip of Jason David this season. After saying that I wouldn't mind Keith Rivers in a Saint uniform, but if it means using our 10th pick I would pass. Although I believe the combine numbers are overrated, it does seem to be valuable when grading the linebacker position. Many linebackers have had their stocks rise with good combines and have not disappointed in the league.

He is a little undersized but he may show up to the combine at 240lbs. and then it is not as big of an issue.

I like Rivers and he would be a nice addition to the Saints but I am hesitant about taking him at 10 because he is not A.J Hawk.
Yeah not that big of a deal until he goes to make a hard cut and tears his ACL.

i like keith but not with the 10th pick, im sure he will not be the bpa at that spot, but ya never know till draft day. besides this draft looks to be deep at the lb spot id rather grab one in the 2nd round

Heck Colston is bigger than that. I wonder if Colston could play both ways??

Depends we could definitely use an upgrade at the WILL spot, but do we really want to spend the #10 overall on a Weakside LB, who may be a better fit for a Cover 2 team?

Keith Rivers is a solid LBer. But 10 is too high to draft him. If anything, Dan Connor might still be on the board. I think Connor's a better LBer the Rivers, he does everything and is a pretty big guy. He can play ILB and OLB, the guy is crazy instinctive. He reminds me of a Urlacher, a bit slower, but bigger. If we go LB I hope we grab Connor.

Wow, that was a highlight film full of arm tackles. Frankly, I wasn't really impressed. Where was the contact--the physical presence that the Saints need? Didn't see it. Sorry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom