Keith Washington (1 Viewer)

SanFranSaintsFan

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I remember in training camp it sounded like almost every day Keith Washington (CB) had an interception. I don’t remember him being moved up to active roster during the season. Do you think the Saints really like him and have just been hiding him there all year? Could he be the replacement for Jenkins?

I remember in training camp it sounded like almost every day Keith Washington (CB) had an interception. I don’t remember him being moved up to active roster during the season. Do you think the Saints really like him and have just been hiding him there all year? Could he be the replacement for Jenkins?

We they signed him to a futures contract a couple weeks ago, so yeah I would think they like him

Kid can play folks....he's the cb on the roster that is gonna go hard come fall camp 2021.
With our depth in 2020, it was smart to stash him on the practice squad .
Now that we have a need, I see him eyeing up the opportunity.
With Adebo and all the udfa cbs we just obtained, it's gonna be a battle come camp. I'm looking forward to this camp more so than past ones. New faces and replacing position losses is gonna be fun

No!

Keith Washington could very well make the roster this season. He was lighting it up in training camp last year. Now he has a full year in our defensive system, plus he will have another offseason of OTA's, training camp and hopefully a preseason that will help him find his niche in our secondary. I am anxious to see how he has progressed so far.

He will certainly have an opportunity to make the roster as the 3rd or 4th CB this year. He needs to gain 10 to 15 pounds and increase his strength....Has Height, speed and intelligence but is lacking weight/strength for the outside CB position.

I went back and looked at a little game film of Keith Washington from his college days since I didn't have any from this past season to by. I believe he could make the final 53 this season and be a solid contributor. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion of what type of player I saw on tape. Someone with more experience can go and make another assessment of him if y'all want. But here goes.

Washington is a lanky CB who will have some trouble with big bodied WR's. He's a physical tackler, but he has a lean frame that will take a pounding and it's going to lead to him getting injured. I believe he will need to add on at least 5-10# to be more physical and be able to stay on the field, in my opinion. He's a little tight-hipped and can get caught by double moves at times and he has a little delay in his change of direction.

Now the good things I saw about Washington is that he has good man-to-man coverage skills, foot speed and a long stride to match up with most receivers down the field. He also has explosive leaping ability and excellent ball skills to contest throws. Washington has a good feel for zone coverage. He shows good route recognition and has a closing burst to the ball. He reads opposing QB's well and has outstanding range. Get his weight up to 200# and he would be a dang good Safety. I'm salivating just thinking what Richard can hopefully do with Washington.

I went back and looked at a little game film of Keith Washington from his college days since I didn't have any from this past season to by. I believe he could make the final 53 this season and be a solid contributor. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion of what type of player I saw on tape. Someone with more experience can go and make another assessment of him if y'all want. But here goes.

Washington is a lanky CB who will have some trouble with big bodied WR's. He's a physical tackler, but he has a lean frame that will take a pounding and it's going to lead to him getting injured. I believe he will need to add on at least 5-10# to be more physical and be able to stay on the field, in my opinion. He's a little tight-hipped and can get caught by double moves at times and he has a little delay in his change of direction.

Now the good things I saw about Washington is that he has good man-to-man coverage skills, foot speed and a long stride to match up with most receivers down the field. He also has explosive leaping ability and excellent ball skills to contest throws. Washington has a good feel for zone coverage. He shows good route recognition and has a closing burst to the ball. He reads opposing QB's well and has outstanding range. Get his weight up to 200# and he would be a dang good Safety. I'm salivating just thinking what Richard can hopefully do with Washington.
Solid...

I really don’t see K-Wash putting on the 20lbs it would take to get up to 200, but if he can get up around 190, that extra strength and mass could serve him very well as a boundary CB. From what I’ve heard about him, he has really good speed, and a year of experience, even on the Saints PS should also help and provide a solid foundation for his pro development.

It was exciting to hear about him getting all those INTs during TC last season, but a little disappointing that the Saints went with Grant Haley (essentially coming in out of the recycling bin) over K-Wash when the Saints needed a CB later in the season. However, maybe they needed more of a Slot CB... and maybe Washington is outside only.

Regardless, he could be a diamond in the rough... I’m looking forward to seeing him in game action during the 3 preseason games.

Solid...

I really don’t see K-Wash putting on the 20lbs it would take to get up to 200, but if he can get up around 190, that extra strength and mass could serve him very well as a boundary CB. From what I’ve heard about him, he has really good speed, and a year of experience, even on the Saints PS should also help and provide a solid foundation for his pro development.

It was exciting to hear about him getting all those INTs during TC last season, but a little disappointing that the Saints went with Grant Haley (essentially coming in out of the recycling bin) over K-Wash when the Saints needed a CB later in the season. However, maybe they needed more of a Slot CB... and maybe Washington is outside only.

Regardless, he could be a diamond in the rough... I’m looking forward to seeing him in game action during the 3 preseason games.
Man! I was excited for this young man last year during training camp. I watched the 2 or 3 little clips of him during training camp last season and thought maybe we finally have something here. Then during the season when they needed to call someone up they called up Haley. I was bummed. I really just want to see Washington succeed this season. Hopefully he will get his chance this season.

We had a safety that we signed a few years ago that was an UDFA. He made many plays in TC & Preseason, but couldn't stick around for the 53 roster. He was a sure ballhawk, but I guess the word was that he was too small. I was mind blown as to why we didn't keep him, especially considering how bad our defense was at that time. I can't remember his first name, but his last name was Warren.
Point is, don't put too much stock in those players because you might end up disappointed.

He's 181 and Tracy Porter was 188.
Porter got abused too, but was excellent at jumping routes.

He'd get beat up for 3 quarters, then get that clutch int you need to win the game.

If Washington has near the ball skills, we should definitely give him plenty of reps on the outside with safety help and put Latt/other CB on an island if possible.

I'd like to see what he's capable of when playing with confidence and not worried about getting beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom