Kelly’s Staff (1 Viewer)

According to Moscona, the *only* reason Freeman is staying is that he was promoted to HC. He was going to leave with Kelly otherwise.
Not only Moscona, but Brody Miller (The Athletic, LSU) and Pate Sampson (The Athletic, Notre Dame).

A few things about Joe Brady. First, according to several people who have knowledge of the LSU program, Brady hates recruiting. He's good at it, but dislikes it very much. He has no desire to coach college ever again unless no pro team will hire him.

Second, he receives entirely too much credit for 2019. He's smart. He's organized. He's talented. He didn't run the 2019 offense. He installed RPO's, brought some stuff from the Saints (as did Ed O) and helped call plays like 3rd downs, red zones, etc. Guys in the press sat right next to those coaches and they all agree that Ensminger is responsible for that offense. Brady contributed, but as we have seen in the NFL he is nowhere near the play-caller people make him out to be, 2019 worked because Brady and Ensminger worked so well together and really complimented each other.

Third, he didn't have **** to do with Joe Burrow. Brady worked with the WRs. He is partially responsible for the leap that Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, Moss, etc all made from 2018 to 2019. His work on hand-eye coordination, vision tendencies, hand training, etc. really turned around the WR group and turned those three guys from good to elite.

If Brady wants to come to LSU as a WR/Passing Game Coordinator with re-newed interest in recruiting, I am 100% on board. Outside of that, it's time we moved on.

A few things about Joe Brady. First, according to several people who have knowledge of the LSU program, Brady hates recruiting. He's good at it, but dislikes it very much. He has no desire to coach college ever again unless no pro team will hire him.

Second, he receives entirely too much credit for 2019. He's smart. He's organized. He's talented. He didn't run the 2019 offense. He installed RPO's, brought some stuff from the Saints (as did Ed O) and helped call plays like 3rd downs, red zones, etc. Guys in the press sat right next to those coaches and they all agree that Ensminger is responsible for that offense. Brady contributed, but as we have seen in the NFL he is nowhere near the play-caller people make him out to be, 2019 worked because Brady and Ensminger worked so well together and really complimented each other.

Third, he didn't have **** to do with Joe Burrow. Brady worked with the WRs. He is partially responsible for the leap that Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, Moss, etc all made from 2018 to 2019. His work on hand-eye coordination, vision tendencies, hand training, etc. really turned around the WR group and turned those three guys from good to elite.

If Brady wants to come to LSU as a WR/Passing Game Coordinator with re-newed interest in recruiting, I am 100% on board. Outside of that, it's time we moved on.

That's some great info and insight.

Can't blame Raymond for leaving. Brad Davis is new and is making 800+k. Frank Wilson just got rehired and making 900k+ with incentives, Raymond was making around 530k'ish. At some point, you gotta show loyalty with pay increases.

Did Raymond leave b/c Frank Wilson was named asst coach instead of him?
I have heard that CR left before anyone told him what his status was with the team. Those other coaches that get paid more, also carry more responsibilities. I think there is probably some taking CR for granted as well, but he does this dance every other year it seems. Word is that CBK is busting up the good old boy network. It sucks to lose CR, especially to UF.

Anyone else thinking the OC/DC are decided upon but they're waiting to announce until after their bowl games are played?
This is what I'm thinking, but also CBK seems to be hitting the HS recruits pretty hard right now.

Kevin Faulk isn't being retained either.
Blake Ruffino is reporting that he's been offered an off-field position. With the addition of Frank, Kev's loss won't be felt like CRs.

Also...

Word is that CBK is busting up the good old boy network.

Absolutely love this. Sometimes the good old boy network is okay, but every new organization I went into over my military career was being held back by their good old boy network. It was breaking those networks up that allowed the units to improve and advance.

Blake Ruffino is reporting that he's been offered an off-field position. With the addition of Frank, Kev's loss won't be felt like CRs.

Oh yeah, I agree here. I didn't hear about Kev being offered an off-field position. I know the rb's didn't do that great to start the season, but Kev's daughter had just died and no one should blame him for having other priorities. This was an extremely tough football season for him. Hopefully he sticks around in whatever capacity he's offered.

i1ToZgDcaqmIEeBIN52gJATYfbqwZD.gif

Anyone else thinking the OC/DC are decided upon but they're waiting to announce until after their bowl games are played?
Maybe, i mean for DC if it is not a HR hire i just assume stick with Daronte Jones and see what he can do without micromanagement.

For OC, that needs to be a homerun... im anxious on that one.

Maybe, i mean for DC if it is not a HR hire i just assume stick with Daronte Jones and see what he can do without micromanagement.

For OC, that needs to be a homerun... im anxious on that one.
I thought that I read that both Blake Baker and Daronte we're with CBK recently on a recruiting trip. Read into that what you will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom