Kelly’s Staff (1 Viewer)

House runs a 3-4 and plays an aggressive, blitzing style of defense with a lot of man coverage, according to UK fans. Should fit LSU's type of players and mentality well. The Kentucky fans think House is better than the current UK DC, Brad White, whom BK reportedly first tried to hire before turning to House.

BK just hired another defensive coach, Robert Steeples, who played CB in the NFL and who is currently the asst ST coach for the Minnesota Vikings. Steeples coached De Smet Jesuit High School (in Missouri) to a state championship in 2019. I'm assuming he will be the DB coach, but I don't think his specific role has been announced yet.

Reports that Jamar Cain to be D-line coach And run game coordinator (the latter must be a mistaken report).

Reports that Jamar Cain to be D-line coach And run game coordinator (the latter must be a mistaken report).
It has to be. Seems odd to have responsibilities on both sides of the ball.

We'll see, hopefully they construct a competent and aggressive offense that has the ability to throw the ball all over the field when they need to. I just don't believe you can win the SEC west without having the ability to back up defenses from loading the box with a competent passing game.

We'll see, hopefully they construct a competent and aggressive offense that has the ability to throw the ball all over the field when they need to. I just don't believe you can win the SEC west without having the ability to back up defenses from loading the box with a competent passing game.
Definitely got to be able to go vertical.

Denbrock also coached TEs at Cincy I think. I didn't see anything that led me to think he can't be successful in the SEC. Bama have their OL issues and there was definitely a lack of execution on the part of the skill players. I don't think anyone was really surprised by the outcome.

For LSU, there's just one spot left to fill for WR coach. Rumor has it that Cortez Hankton from UGA is the target. He played at Texas Southern, but is from NOLA originally. This would be another fantastic recruiting hire. Coaching-wise, UGA receivers have largely underwhelmed the last few years.

I know this is all a shock to the system. We haven't seen a revamp of the LSU staff like this since Saban arrived. There are some very positive things about this staff, but none of them are earth shattering hires.

The guy I wanted LSU to go after was Aranda, but I think BK was a good hire. It looks like he’s put together a competent staff, maybe an above average staff on the defensive side of the ball, which is a definite improvement over what we’ve had for the last 2 seasons. Of course, for the money BK is making, nothing less than a championship within about 3 years will meet expectations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom