Ken Crawley....keep your head up bro (1 Viewer)

Giants were very fortunate Crawley had that ball go right through his hands. Ken had perfect position AND he saw the ball the whole way he did everything right but make the catch. Those are the type of throws the wr usually has to play db on. Just a bad break for the saints, one of several that went against us yesterday.

Yeah, too bad that he didn't make the most of the opportunity, but last I heard Cruz is a pretty darn good player trying to make plays too. I just watched the HBO show on his comeback last week . . .and it left me feeling like he was gonna impact that game somehow and . . . he sure did. it's not like Saints secondary players are known for making ints anyhow.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much better Crawley was this week. We all have to remember he was an UDFA and was thrown to the wolves due to injury. He had perfect position and coverage on OBJ and it just went the other way. I've seen it happen to the best of them over the years. What impressed me about Crawley is he is learning from his mistakes and he is only going to get better.

Agreed. Also, I hope we get to the point where we drop the "UDFA" comments when talking about Crawley and Harris, and instead focus entirely on their in-game production/performance.

I went back and looked at the Saints draft classes since 2010 with the focus on CBs. It was a depressing exercise but it made me appreciate Crawley and Harris' early accomplishments more. Since 2010 the Saints have drafted six CBs by my count:

- Patrick Robinson
- Johnny Patrick
- Corey White
- SJB
- PJ Williams
- Damian Swann

In my opinion, a strong argument can be made that Crawley and Harris have thus far (in their short NFL careers) outperformed the other CBs listed above with the exception of PJ.

For an UDFA rookie cornerback to start his 1st NFL game, I thought he played good. Yeah that play with Cruz may have cost us the game by not knocking the ball down, but what do you expect from a rookie.

Overall, he will learn from his mistakes and get better. I'm glad to see that Coach Glenn is helping him.

For an UDFA rookie cornerback to start his 1st NFL game, I thought he played good. Yeah that play with Cruz may have cost us the game by not knocking the ball down, but what do you expect from a rookie.

In my opinion the blocked FG and return for a TD plus the offense's poor production on 3rd down cost us the game. Also, to get to the point where Crawley is criticized for not knocking the ball down, you have to assume your normal NFL starting cornerback (drafted , rookie, or otherwise) would have been in position and made that play. Given the receiver and the placement of the ball by the QB, I think that is a big assumption.

Giants were very fortunate Crawley had that ball go right through his hands. Ken had perfect position AND he saw the ball the whole way he did everything right but make the catch. Those are the type of throws the wr usually has to play db on. Just a bad break for the saints, one of several that went against us yesterday.

That play was all about experience versus inexperience. As you said, Crawley had perfect coverage -- he was stride for stride with Cruz with inside position. Also, his head was around and he was keyed on the ball.

The problem was, he miss-played his jump. He didn't "high-point" it as it's sometimes referred to. It was a slight miscalculation of the ball position and he pulled his arms in just enough to miss the ball.

Cruz, on the other hand, had played the ball perfectly. This was due to his familiarity with Manning's passes and his experience as a player. Once Crawley missed, the ball went right into Cruz's waiting arms for the back-breaking catch.

If Crawley had not been playing the INT and had designs on knocking the ball away, his extension would have been sufficient to do so and it's 4th and a long FG. He thought he had a sure thing and, I like to think, in an effort to thwart a FG try, went for the pick. It was just short and the game was decided.

I think Crawley has shown tremendous growth in just the past two weeks. I expect good things from him as he becomes more seasoned.

LMAO! Like he just decides to not make a play at the last second cause he doesn't want to..smh :covri:

Right. And all during camp they stress getting takeaways so he is supposed to now decide to focus on a knockdown with ball coming directly to him. Not sure what some fans expect. Maybe they need to go root for the Broncos or Patriots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom