Ken Crawley thread (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Been the biggest suprise in camp so far in my opinion. Although he checks almost every box athletically and physically, a lot of bad tape from a bad Colorado team. Very curious to see how he does in pre season. Wonder if the play in practice translates to game situations. He always flashed althetically every now and then but a good athletes will do that even if there football IQ not where it need to be.

He's been high pointing very well,,mirroring well and breaking well. Not often it just all of a sudden clicks like that. Only 3 career ints and he played a lot. Big number of TDs allowed like 19 or 20 in two seasons. Game costing penalties. He's been playing much better then his college tape.. Some guys just practice well too..pre season show us more

Like last year...here's to relying on UDFAs because our starters (Lewis, cough, Swann, cough) can't stay healthy. He's going to get the opportunity to start at some point during the season...book it.

Reading between his interview lines, it was coaching and the light came on after he got here.

But I don't know how objective his view is.

One of the things people underestimate about the jump from college to pro. There's no other distractions now. A pro can spend as much time training with the best football minds on the planet. And the right coach can help a player address a key flaw less assute college coaches might've just missed or didn't think significant to the problem at hand.

...and sometimes a light comes on and a player suddenly figures out how good they are.

Fingers crossed. I'd LOVE an embarrassment of riches at cornerback for once instead of the exact opposite.

There's a lot of doubt about Keenan Lewis's health. If he can't go, the CB corps suddenly becomes questionable at best.

I'd LOVE an embarrassment of riches at cornerback for once instead of the exact opposite.

Right now we have an embarrassment of poverty not riches. We have one good starter and a bunch of guys who might be half as good as their preseason hype. Maybe PJ is the next Tracey Porter, but odds are he is the next Corey White, Kevin Kaesviharn, Josh Bullocks, Who Dat, etc. We have seen this movie before and it is horror not comedy.

lol, Ken Crawley has his own thread heres an intriguing article I found on him.

NFL prospect Ken Crawley says he

Everyone knows what it means when you say: "The bottom line is..."

Well, this is the bottom line from the article, and it's a mouthful.

I’m not sure if Crawley is the next Richard Sherman, but his coverage skills are undeniable, and some strength and conditioning coach will pack some muscle onto his slight frame. He’s well worth a late-round investment.

:gosaints:

these games will tell a lot. you have to remember the defense knows basically what play the offense is running so the familiarity is there. what I do like a whole lot is that the dbs are actually there and getting their hands on the ball. that right there is a vast improvement. it is very difficult for a rookie to come in and play good consistently. and for sure if he didn't play well in college. that is a lot of tds allowed. that is why if Lewis can't play, the secondary could be spotty.

Like his measureables:

6' 187lbs, 4.43 forty, 36 in vertical

Only 7 reps on the bench tho, so thats something he'll need to work on.

But for now, work hard, esp on technique, and see how things go. Wish him the best.

There's an ESPN article referencing his INT during walk through in which the D was instructed to allow the O to complete the pass.

Apparently he took some ribbing from teammates. On one hand it shows he's prone to not doing his job at times, on the other it shows competitiveness and a "want" to make a play. If he gets caught guessing/being overly competitive (wanting to make plays)in games and not doing his job it's going to show.

His preseason game will be interesting.

The true test for these two will be playing against bigger and more physical receivers. Harris more so for his height than Crawley. However, I hope they both can prove all the draft experts wrong as the rub on both of them were that they are both to "light".

Been the biggest suprise in camp so far in my opinion. Although he checks almost every box athletically and physically, a lot of bad tape from a bad Colorado team. Very curious to see how he does in pre season. Wonder if the play in practice translates to game situations. He always flashed althetically every now and then but a good athletes will do that even if there football IQ not where it need to be.

I like that :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom