Ken Crawley (1 Viewer)

That's a poor excuse in context to the OPs statement. The OP was stating that Crawley wasn't hustling. That is something that shouldn't be effected by how well you are playing and the position you are put into.

Maybe a robot, but last I checked, all NFL players are still human.

I recall him making at least 1 really good play in run support yesterday.

These are all mental dings that can be coached up over time. In the meantime, he's an UDFA forced into the starting lineup. Not the ideal situation for him or the team, but that's the NFL. I, for one, am a Crawley supporter. Delvin Breaux had some issues getting used to the pro game in his first few starts, but it ultimately clicked for him. I'm hoping the same happens for Crawley.

Breaux was a also a very strong tackler from the onset as is PJ Williams. You don't develop a want to tackle..u either like to do it or you are tentative about it. That follows you.

Crawley is a developmental Cover Corner but he def shouldn't be starting and should be the 5th option at best moving Forward when all DBs are healthy. I wasn't too impressed with Swann in this scheme during pre-season and I doubt he's on the roster this time next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Would really like our top 4 CBs to be Breaux,Williams,Moore, and a vet FA CB. Scheme we are playing is dependent on pattern recognition and isn't easy on a rookie CB.

RIGHT NOW, he is better than Alex Muldon, Jason David and Brandon Browner ever were in Black and Gold. I'll take the lack of hustle over pure suck any day...

Lots of people awfully hard on a kid who was not only thrown to the wolves in week 1 but was fed to the wolves as well.

In all honesty I think the kid has played well...............probably better than most of us thought he would. All of us have been in similar situations before when it was sink or swim and so far the kid seems to be treading water at least.

This is a great learning experience for him and will make him a better player in the future.

That's a poor excuse in context to the OPs statement. The OP was stating that Crawley wasn't hustling. That is something that shouldn't be effected by how well you are playing and the position you are put into.

What you see as "giving up" or "not hustling", I see as hesitation resulting from a lack of confidence, and/or overthinking. I think it can be easy to confuse those two situations. Notice that we've had radically different game plans from one game to the next this season. First it's man, then it's zone, then it's man again. One half you are getting help every play, the next half you are singled up one-on-one. Besides that, he's playing probably the toughest position there is to play on the field besides QB. Poor kid probably has his head spinning out there. This is not like a Jason David coming in, making the big money and failing to deliver. He's a bottom of the roster player doing the best he can in a really crappy situation, and most of the time he's not a total embarrassment.

Receivers are just too fast these days. Young legs are always going to be valued high. Technique can be taught.

**** hustle Mary!

The guy is the door gunner, and people are crapping on him about his hustle and giving up plays. Sorry the guy couldn't high step in like Deion Sanders and shut down every guy who has come down the pipe. The guy has played very well for his position, and who knows, maybe we have something special and he is starting, but his hustle is what is keeping him ON the field. If he lacked hustle we would have pulled him off the field weeks ago.

People need to realize that the guy is getting better. He is more Breaux than he is Browner, but people see the PIs and get to thinking "oh no! We have another Browner!" When in actuality those people don't know what the **** they are talking about.

Testify:worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom