Ken Crawley (1 Viewer)

The one where Bell got torched also ?

That one was on the middle LB he let his man go and Bell was caught between having to defend the side and middle, he chose middle and the other guy caught the easy TD.

This happened at least twice, where they left Bell with an impossible decision.

In the end they stepped up and made some big time plays when it mattered most.

That one was on the middle LB he let his man go and Bell was caught between having to defend the side and middle, he chose middle and the other guy caught the easy TD.

This happened at least twice, where they left Bell with an impossible decision.

In the end they stepped up and made some big time plays when it mattered most.

Just wondering if it was that play in particular. Bell was in tough position indeed, but still was in position to make the tackle. Now Crawley could have hustle better, you never know Inman might have not accelerate watching him closing in.

Just wondering if it was that play in particular. Bell was in tough position indeed, but still was in position to make the tackle. Now Crawley could have hustle better, you never know Inman might have not accelerate watching him closing in.

Oh definitely, Crawley left him in a bad spot on that play, but Crawley probably felt ok passing his man off to Bell, but they didn't know the LB would wiff on his guy across the middle.

I don't understand how you basically shut down Julio Jones one week and make Igman look like an all pro the next week. He played better in the 2nd half which tells me he is having trouble with the concept of zone defense.

Good observation, you might be right--zone might be the problem.

I believe in Crawley and think he'll be a great backup next year. He's learning...hey, he's better than Jason David and Stanley Jean-Baptiste. He might even be further ahead than what Patrick Robinson was at this point in his career.

Anybody else see this dude just giving up on plays?

I hope the coaches noticed, because he definitely gave up on that one TD play and a couple of others I noticed where he was almost in position to do something.

Glad you brought this up. Twice I saw this and was thinking something just aint right.

Didn't Crawley cover Julio in the Atlanta game?
I thought he did a decent job, considering he's an undrafted free agent.

Good observation, you might be right--zone might be the problem.

I believe in Crawley and think he'll be a great backup next year. He's learning...hey, he's better than Jason David and Stanley Jean-Baptiste. He might even be further ahead than what Patrick Robinson was at this point in his career.

We've been playing match zone which is kind of a mixture of man/zone or Zone's that can look like man because instead of passing off...you match the guys route in your area based off what you see.

The key thing is "what you see"

If you are seeing the wrong thing well you'll match a route that you should have released and release a route you should have matched.

Thus appears to be the case with our young CB's.

I don't understand how you basically shut down Julio Jones one week and make Igman look like an all pro the next week. He played better in the 2nd half which tells me he is having trouble with the concept of zone defense.

Just so up and down. the sporadic complete lack of effort at times is disturbing. Its mainly when it appears like someone else is gonna make the tackle, he just shuts it dowm.

As an undrafted free agent I'd say his play hasn't been terrible. He's definitely been up and down and has had some really bad moments but he's still maturing.

I wish they would let these young guys play man with safety help over the top, a lot easier for them than zone concepts at this point im sure...

Anybody else see this dude just giving up on plays?

I hope the coaches noticed, because he definitely gave up on that one TD play and a couple of others I noticed where he was almost in position to do something.

I did see that he quit running on that TD down the left sideline, and then he turned it back on once he saw the guy was still going, but it was too late at that point. I didnt notice any other time tho.

I won't be surprised if this guy is benched after Breaux gets back on the field .... I still feel that they should have signed Finnegan just for veteran presence ...

I won't be surprised if this guy is benched after Breaux gets back on the field .... I still feel that they should have signed Finnegan just for veteran presence ...

Hopefully you don't go through life based on your feelings. Finnegan is retired bro.

Yes

I have likely been down thumbed 100 times for making negative comments towards him. He is bad. I find it hard to believe Finniegan was worse than him even if he had attitude issues.

giphy.gif

Several reasons really:

1. He's inconsistent which is why he went undrafted;

2. He is better in man to man where athleticism takes over than in zone where you need a better feel for the game and experience;

3. We played more man to man in the second half because we blitzed 3 times more in the second half which meant that Rivers had less time to throw. That makes any CB look better.

On a side note, I actually think most of our DBs are doing a solid job this year despite our CBs being UDFA and guys brought in after the season started off the street. But lack of pass rush continues to be a major concern for this team. Hopefully Rankins can provide more push up the middle when he comes back. But we are still getting nothing off the edge. Cam Jordan has been virtually invisible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom