Ken Crawley (2 Viewers)

Wow. Teams potentially coming for our DEFENSIVE coaches.. never thought I'd hear/say that

If we are smart we will just promote him, or find a way to keep him. I have said it before, and I will say it again, if every coach on our team was coaching as well as Glenn, we would be undefeated.

Crawler has played solid and shows he can compete at this level he was a pleasant find.

Guys, can we pump the brakes a bit. I like Glenn and hopefully we improve drastically when Breaux comes back. However we are giving up 33.6 points a game which is by far the worst in the nfl.

Guys, can we pump the brakes a bit. I like Glenn and hopefully we improve drastically when Breaux comes back. However we are giving up 33.6 points a game which is by far the worst in the nfl.

while that is true, it is hard to have a competent defense with all your best corners seriously hurt. And our backers are basically second team players being asked to start and play major minutes. saying all that I think this defense is doing as well as can be expected.

For someone in his position thrust into a starting role so early in his career, he has been fairly decent.

If he and others didn't have to play such a big role on this defense, I feel pretty confident in saying that we'd be at the top of this division right now. That's how good this offense is. The defense is 1 or 2 players away from competence, and having Crawley as a rotational player rather than an every down CB would be a part of that. That said, I'm glad to see that he is improving and learning via trial by fire.

Oh, and those 1 or 2 players could very well be Rankins and Breaux. They have the potential to make an impact on their defensive units at a level that could legitimately put us back in contention. We just have to tread water until on D until they make their return.

Today was such a great win, if only because it keeps hope alive for this season and gives our young guys a meaningful stage on which to showcase their talents, at least for a little longer.

while that is true, it is hard to have a competent defense with all your best corners seriously hurt. And our backers are basically second team players being asked to start and play major minutes. saying all that I think this defense is doing as well as can be expected.

I agree. I guess I'm just not ready to anoint Glenn as some great coach. I know we have been decimated with injuries but the real test will come when we finally start to get players back.

We're scheming so hard to alleviate pressure on our CBs it's not even funny... I do like Crawley though, and have to give the kid major props for stepping up. Hes made some plays and is not hanging his head or playing scared to get beat even after he's badly beat. He's just fighting out there every play

Slowly, but surely, the lights seem to be turning on for Crawley. Outside of a few mental errors and near plays that could've easily gone our/his way, that dudes been solid. For an UDFA to go toe to toe with the likes of Julio, ODJ, and Benjamin, Crawly has more than held his own.

I think he's improved leaps and bounds over the course of the season so far. The first 2 games he got picked on quite a bit, and whilst I disagree with some of the PI calls he's received he also made it easy for them to throw some of those flags by not locating the ball.

Still he's shown he can run with some of the best in the business. If he continues to improve his technique and gamesmanship at this rate he'll be considered a steal nationwide in a year or two.

We don't need to draft any cornerbacks, what we need to draft are guys who can bring pressure.

As long as Aaron Glenn is coaching our cbs, any one of us could line up back there and the team could at least tread water. Its going to stink when some team come to hire him as their DC.

There was was decent pressure in the first half, and some in the second. But yes, it could be a lot better. Would love to see us get Clowney from Houston.

B.W. Webb has been very impressive as well. I'm amazed that we have an UDFA and guys off the street playing the way that they're playing.

Today KC had 2 Pass breakups while Webb had 4. It is a shame Moore went out because inserting Dixon was just the worst thing to happen. He is a ST guy at best, and he was asked to do way to much.

I can't wait til Karma comes back around.

We also had a bogus PI where (I think it was Crawley) was playing the ball and slightly backed into the WR.

There was was decent pressure in the first half, and some in the second. But yes, it could be a lot better. Would love to see us get Clowney from Houston.

I agree, we got pressure against the Panthers, I guess what we agree on is that, if we could get even a bit more pressure on the qb, we would do that much better in the defensive backfield. If we could get a solid pass rusher to pair with Fairley & Cam (and sure Ed and Kruger are pass rushers, but they aren't the level I am speaking of), our defensive backs would look much better than they have.

Him and De'Vante Harris have really been doing a great job. Big credit to Aaron Glenn, that was an amazing offseason hire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom