Kennedy, John Fitzgerald (1 Viewer)

CT Saints Fan

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Con
<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="601"><tbody><tr><td align="center">[SIZE=+2]Kennedy, John Fitzgerald[/SIZE]</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> <!-- END CHAPTERTITLE --> </tbody></table> <!-- BEGIN CHAPTER --> <table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="601"><tbody><tr><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>1917–63, 35th President of the United States (1961–63), b. Brookline, Mass.; son of Joseph P. Kennedy.</td><td align="right" valign="top">[SIZE=-2] 1[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td>Early Life</td></tr><tr><td>While an undergraduate at Harvard (1936–40) he served briefly in London as secretary to his father, who was ambassador there. His Harvard honors thesis on the British failure to judge the threat of Nazi Germany was published as Why England Slept (1940). Enlisting in the navy in Sept., 1941, he became commander of a PT boat in the Pacific in World War II. In action off the Solomon Islands (Aug., 1943), his boat, PT 109, was sunk, and Kennedy was credited with saving the life of at least one of his crew.</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://www.bartleby.com/65/ke/KennedyJF.html

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/jfkinaugural.htm

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty
i remember the days well-both the inagural address and the day he died....

Those comments are so appropriate today; I wish the Democrats were in agreement with this.

Another year I didn't make it to Dallas

Those comments are so appropriate today; I wish the Democrats were in agreement with this.

I disagree.

I think the Democrats would wholeheartedly agree. And somebody needs to quote JFK's line "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country," to the Iraqi people.

f by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

--JFK, September 14, 1960.

The most overrated politician in American history, and the first packaged candidate as well. A tribute to his father's ambition.

JFK has enough electoral votes (303-219) to win in spite of the Illinois outcome. Nixon knew that and did not contest the result. There was also vote mischief in Texas, but JFK still would have won.

JFK has enough electoral votes (303-219) to win in spite of the Illinois outcome. Nixon knew that and did not contest the result. There was also vote mischief in Texas, but JFK still would have won.
Still in all, doesn't the vote of the dead count for anything anymore.:dunno:

I think its a little niave to say that the Kennedy Administration was the reason why the civil Rights Act got pushed through Congress and the Senate becuase a REpublican Congress and Senate it should be noted approved of the civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965, guys. It should also be noted that the Southern Dems were fighting tooth and nail the results of the Civil Rights pushs of both Kennedy and LBJ, with guys like Wallace in alabama and Lester Maddox in Georgia and full blown segregationists in Birmingham and Selma and Bull connors tactics in Alabama.

Just as a note, the Dems pretty much lost the South after the 1960's becuase of the Nixon's Administration;s southenr Strategy and Wallace pretty much handing it over to the Republicans.

I dont think the Dems have ever come close to getting it back, sure their have been sme inroadsto getting it back, but it will be a long time before the whole South becomes a Democratic stronghold agian

The most overrated politician in American history, and the first packaged candidate as well. A tribute to his father's ambition.

I am so glad you said it.

Also, lets not forget how he disgraced his wife and (in general) his marriage.

Joe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom